Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Dec 10, 2014, 11:38:48 PM

Author
Can we expect to see the Queen in a follow up to Isolation? (Read 34,869 times)

Kimo

Far game to you Mr. Clemens... But the are plenty of games were children play main roles. Telltales Walking Dead / Game of Thrones being some. Also big titles like The Last of Us and Left Behind have kids playing important roles that you control. So it's nothing new in the gaming industry... However a game based on Hadley's Hope you don't have to have Newt or a child character that you control. you could easy play as an Adult Survivor ect ect that dies before the events of Aliens or Esacpe's the planet before the Marines turn up.

Vertigo

Quote from: Kimo on Apr 16, 2017, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Apr 16, 2017, 02:01:43 PM
I'll never understand the desire to play as Newt in Hadley's Hope. Seeing a little girl get torn apart every time I make a mistake just does not sound like a good time to me.
Takes you away to hive, drags you away in to darkness. You could have different animations showing Newt getting dragged away. You don't have to see her getting ripped apart. Save then animations for human size chrecters.

Leaving the Newt angle aside, Isolation could maybe have been improved by making the deaths be static and noise, like when Dallas gets taken, rather than an animation. It'd be a fittingly short, sharp shock, whereas the close-up anims expose some of the limitations of the model, texturing and liquid effects, and are more "oh well" than "oh shit".

Anyway. Again, never mind Newt, how about playing as Jones? Escape the alien by luring so many humans to it that it's too fat and tired to bother with you.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 17, 2017, 04:23:34 AM
Leaving the Newt angle aside, Isolation could maybe have been improved by making the deaths be static and noise, like when Dallas gets taken, rather than an animation. It'd be a fittingly short, sharp shock, whereas the close-up anims expose some of the limitations of the model, texturing and liquid effects, and are more "oh well" than "oh shit".

This was actually one of the few things I was disappointed by. I was really hoping for that static scream noise from the vent scene.

Russ840

You would not have to make it violent if newt is attacked. The animations could be the Alien grabbing her with the intent be to take her back to the hive.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 17, 2017, 04:23:34 AMshort, sharp shock

Now I've got Dark Side of the Moon playing in my head.  :D

Abishai100

Abishai100

I think video-game designers have a lot of liberty to explore the conceptualizations of the supreme female fertilizing Xeno (aka, 'the Queen'), and this can create some nice atmospherics for video-game design for today's more graphic and sophisticated games (i.e., Alien: Isolation).

Why not? If we're making films like Avatar and Pixels, we should explore the graphic design aspect of video games (especially Alien games!).

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Kimo on Apr 07, 2017, 01:41:35 PM
Isolation was a great game but it was padded out a little to long with the hide and seek game play. I think a sequel would benefit from having Cameron's Aliens and a Queen in it. Just make the first part of a sequel to Isolation more of a Aliens type of scenario were you have firepower so you can take out the Aliens. Later in the game just make the scenario were your low on ammo and bring in the mechanics of the first game were your getting hunted by the classic xeno or Queen. Basically i would like to see Isolation 2 a mix bag of Alien and Aliens.

Or just do Isolation 2 were you play as Newt on Hadley's Hope were she has to survive till the marine turn up. Or even better give us VR Isolation.

This is a really good idea. The aesthetic of Isolation is beautiful. I mean they took every scenic element from the original film and made it perfectly into a video game. Creative Assembly should do the same thing but with Hadley's Hope and the marine weaponry from Aliens. Make it more of a hunted becomes the hunter scenario.

The Old One

The Old One

Balance it, create a Dead Space style game:
https://tinyurl.com/AlienGameDSPitch

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Jun 23, 2019, 04:57:39 AMCreative Assembly should do the same thing but with Hadley's Hope and the marine weaponry from Aliens. Make it more of a hunted becomes the hunter scenario.

I really wouldn't that.

The entire point of Isolation was that, for once, the Alien wasn't just cannon fodder for you to shoot at, you were the one running scared. I'd hate for them to completely renege on that in a sequel.

Kradan

I think Hadley's Hope is perfect setting for Isolation-like game but in the time period before Ripley and Co arrived.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't, I've had enough of LV-426/Alien Trilogy location video game interpretation,
if we return to a location let it be a Prequel one.

Regardless, it's Hope For The Future's Scenario and no cease and desist so far,
meaning definitely 20th Century Fox isn't using the idea. 

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2019, 08:42:35 AM
Quote from: LastSurvivor92 on Jun 23, 2019, 04:57:39 AMCreative Assembly should do the same thing but with Hadley's Hope and the marine weaponry from Aliens. Make it more of a hunted becomes the hunter scenario.

I really wouldn't that.

The entire point of Isolation was that, for once, the Alien wasn't just cannon fodder for you to shoot at, you were the one running scared. I'd hate for them to completely renege on that in a sequel.

This can't be said enough.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yes, what made Isolation special is:
it's not every other Alien FPS.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 11, 2019, 09:12:24 AM
I don't, I've had enough of LV-426/Alien Trilogy location video game interpretation,
if we return to a location let it be a Prequel one.

Regardless, it's Hope For The Future's Scenario and no cease and desist so far,
meaning definitely 20th Century Fox isn't using the idea.

I just want to see fall of Hadley's Hope scenario done properly. River of Pain did it almost right but I still left unsatisfied.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed