Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 21, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines (Read 70,890 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Evanus

That's not even Walter, that's David!  :D

BioMechanicum

BioMechanicum

Going by these scans it seems that the 'beings' on the planet weren't Engineers, but some race of humans like certain rumors indicated.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-empire-magazine-scans-leaked-spoilers

cliffhanger

somehow i get the feeling this humanoid race sounds awfully lot like the script used for Alien3, the 'monks' that are living peacefully without technology.

that vase dropping scene looks absolutely epic

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 16, 2017, 07:25:03 AM
somehow i get the feeling this humanoid race sounds awfully lot like the script used for Alien3, the 'monks' that are living peacefully without technology.

The crew literally calls these people the Engineers, the same ones as from Prometheus. What more do you need?

SiL

SiL

They've got the same heavy brows as well.

windebieste

That scene alone looks as disturbing as f**k due to the scale of the event.  The implication riding on that image is of genocide of an entire cilivisation - it's genuinely horrific - and we've already had some indication of what the result will be.  My wife is not going to like this movie.

On the other hand, the scene does have other implications, too.  It tells us how narrowly the Earth came to disaster.  If the 'PROMETHEUS' Engineer had been successful in launching the Juggernaut then that city could have just as easily been New York, or Paris or London.

...or maybe even Pyongyang. 

Actually, that last choice might not have been such a bad idea... tee-hee... 

-Windebieste.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: BioMechanicum on Apr 16, 2017, 06:10:22 AM
Going by these scans it seems that the 'beings' on the planet weren't Engineers, but some race of humans like certain rumors indicated.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-empire-magazine-scans-leaked-spoilers

That is one big fckn city!!! and what is that scorpion tale hanging above the square with the hole in the middle? David couldnt possibly get them all with the vase droppings (Hear Jeff Goldblum say it: Vase...vase droppings.....alien vase droppings?) because that city is huge, so most likely there will be mutations if the goo infects that city.
As for them not being engineers, well enlarge the picture of the citadel the article even call them engineers and they pretty much look like them, but they also look like cheap characters from an episode of Star Trek TNG :D
After seeing all this i wonder why Ridley went with this approach, choosing an alien race that is evolved, but for some reason hasnt been discovered and yet they look like monks, at this point all i can think of is, imagine a dropship with an apc and some colonial marines land there, and all out guerrilla war in the citadel streets, and eventually Bono with U2 standing on the roofs singing where the streets have no name, and hearing the pulse rifles rip through those giant muscular big ass nose people.

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 16, 2017, 09:05:47 AM

That scene alone looks as disturbing as f**k due to the scale of the event.  The implication riding on that image is of genocide of an entire cilivisation - it's genuinely horrific - and we've already had some indication of what the result will be.  My wife is not going to like this movie.

On the other hand, the scene does have other implications, too.  It tells us how narrowly the Earth came to disaster.  If the 'PROMETHEUS' Engineer had been successful in launching the Juggernaut then that city could have just as easily been New York, or Paris or London.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHAUOqG3lSS0f1C/giphy.gif

-Windebieste.
Yeah well thats like your opinion man, the essence you cant just start bombing people and stuff you know.

windebieste

They do it in Syria.

Both sides do. 

:P

-Windebieste.

cliffhanger

it did actualy remind me of WW2 bombings. crazy stuff.

will be epic and insane. it's especially hitting when you realise that you will see all those 'civilians' with emotions and faces.
Which is why i think they made them look different to the engineers from prometheus; the prometheus engineers looked a tad faceless, bland.

In the guys we see in the leaks here, we see different faces, characters, emotions - like real people. and moments later, we see a gigantic amount of scarred, burnt, dead bodies still with facial expressions on them (just look at my avatar pic).

which i think, hits home even harder. Not just some faceless entity nobody knows or cares about - no. 'Beings'.with emotions. massacred.

whiterabbit

I wonder if that city is literally the only city on the world or are there more? Definitely getting that prison monks vibe too. Although I think they're just another version of engineer created humanoids. It's be more epic if they were the very engineers that escaped from lv223 though.

Infected

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 16, 2017, 10:44:09 AM
They do it in Syria.

Both sides do. 

:P

-Windebieste.
You are not making a point.

windebieste

I don't have to.

On the other hand, I did state in the post above "That scene alone looks as disturbing as f**k due to the scale of the event.  The implication riding on that image is of genocide of an entire cilivisation - it's genuinely horrific - and we've already had some indication of what the result will be.  My wife is not going to like this movie."

I think we are meant to be disturbed by that scene.  This movie is going to be brutal. 

It's not OK for Syrians to bomb Syria.  It's not OK for US (and Allies) to bomb Syria, either.  The same goes for Pyongyang.  Nobody should be dropping bombs on anyone.  WW2, now; or ever.  Nonetheless, it does happen.

This scene is way too close as a metaphor for our troubling times.  Scott is seriously out to upset people with this scene.

-Windebieste.

Infected

+1

Molecules

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 16, 2017, 09:05:47 AM

If the 'PROMETHEUS' Engineer had been successful in launching the Juggernaut then that city could have just as easily been New York, or Paris or London.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHAUOqG3lSS0f1C/giphy.gif

-Windebieste.

Already happened, and will probably happen again https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Pyongyang.

Also if there's ever a scene in the Alien saga, with spaceships over Empire State/Big Ben/Eiffel Tower, you may have to distribute official AvP Galaxy buckets for all the fanboy vomit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed