Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer - AvPGalaxy Podcast #44

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 30, 2016, 08:03:03 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer - AvPGalaxy Podcast #44 (Read 27,784 times)

InScottWeTrust

InScottWeTrust

Stop whining peeps Prometheus is great! Long live Ridley Scott!

Perfect-Organism

Prometheus is great.  For sure.

BishopShouldGo

Yup. Prometheus is amazing.

XenoHunter99

I want to add something about the backburster: After watching more, I do not think the creature is bursting through the spine and ribs like a chestburster. I agree with the idea that the creature has somehow absorbed or grafted the victim's spine and ribs into its structure, that it is going to emerge similar in size to the bambi-burster and with possibly greater capability. This should leave a really large hole in the victim's chest cavity. It will be interesting to see how the scene plays out. It should be completely disgusting.

skhellter

Omega is right.

film is totally looking like a big budget take on Inseminoid.  :D

Shamo

First of all thank you for another awesome Podcast. I really love them. Listening to hardcore Alien Nerds around the world having in depth discussions about my most cherished universes really helps me through hard times.

Still this time I have to disagree with one key point in your discussion.

Its about all these complaints about the shower scene. I completely understand the argument, and if it was about any other franchise I would agree but its ALIEN! ALIEN!

And in Alien...

EVERYBODY DIES! EVERYBODY f**kING DIES!

This is not a spoiler! It won't keep me from being invested in the characters. The opposite- I will connect with them even more because I know it will be their last days. The question is only- who of them will make it out? And what price are they paying?

Look at

ALIEN: Everybody dies except for Ripley.
ALIENS: Everybody dies except for a litttle girl and a blind Marine- and Ripley. Oh and half an android. Okay bunch of survivors- but the vibe is EVERYBODY DIES
ALIEN 3 Everybody DIES! Includin all survivors of Aliens. All of them. DEAD. Only a psycho prisoner makes it out.
AVP: Everybody DIES! Even the main Predator. And again- only one person makes it out.

Even Prometheus- and there is only ALIEN DNA GOO in there and still- EVERYBODY DIES! One Survivor and an android head....

Okay Alien Resurrection had a bunch of survivors but- at the time in the theater I thought, okay this is a new beginning in the Alien Universe. I was totally cool with a few people surviving- so I give you that.

But still the overall feeling is- ALIENS WILL KILL EVERYONE!

Now I didn't really see the face of the guy in the trailer- so its not to spoilerish. The scene didn't take away from the movie in my opinion. No Brothers and Sisters- that scene in the end really pumped me up to be honest.

Now I want to see how it plays out in all its gory glory uncut and raw! I can't wait for that scene! This was one for the fans man. It made the point- the Alien is back! The Nightmare, the ultimate human destroyer will return to haunt us. And test us as a species. Especially after Prometheus which I like but- it dabbled too much with the context of the larger  story arc (by making an even bigger mystery), and the horror fail flat.

So this scene was just hey- allthough it is in the vein of Prometheus- with that haunting and yet fitting song, about a strange enchanted android on a journey to the edge of existence- allthough it is still that lightly philsophical mystery SCiFi story- there it is! THE ALIEN! OUT FOR CARNAGE! Blood splattering on a naked woman! The beauty of humans in there most beautiful state of existence- turned in to nightmare.

ALIEN COVENANT

The trailer needed that scene for all the Alien fans who were bummed by Prometheus. They needed to see that.

God I can't wait for that movie. To me the vibe of trailer was perfect. Super atmospheric beginning, hints at new creatures- a continuation of a story that left us wanting- an absolute outstanding landscape, spaceship horror, two Fassbenders and in the end! SPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!

The Alien is back!

And my life has meaning again.

OpenMaw

Quote from: InScottWeTrust on Jan 04, 2017, 11:21:57 PM
Stop whining peeps Prometheus is great! Long live Ridley Scott!

It's like your typical airheaded supermodel. Great to look at, but hardly anything going on upstairs.

rabidranger

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Jan 08, 2017, 12:14:14 AM
I want to add something about the backburster: After watching more, I do not think the creature is bursting through the spine and ribs like a chestburster. I agree with the idea that the creature has somehow absorbed or grafted the victim's spine and ribs into its structure, that it is going to emerge similar in size to the bambi-burster and with possibly greater capability. This should leave a really large hole in the victim's chest cavity. It will be interesting to see how the scene plays out. It should be completely disgusting.

I don't know-it seems the back is just another spot for the neomorph to come out. The spine pops out nice and neat (indeed disgusting). Isn't there a throatburster as well?

Ingwar

Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 11, 2017, 11:37:17 PM
Isn't there a throatburster as well?

Spoiler
Apparently yes.
[close]

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 12, 2017, 11:10:46 AM
Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 11, 2017, 11:37:17 PM
Isn't there a throatburster as well?

Spoiler
Apparently yes.
[close]

:(

Spoiler
So when it comes out it'll be a 'beheading' of sorts?...due to it's sharp spine, I imagine most of throat will get shredded n when it pulls out the rest will come off as well...
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed