Aliens: Colonial Marines in Xbox Magazine

Started by ikarop, Nov 24, 2012, 04:12:49 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines in Xbox Magazine (Read 23,674 times)

ikarop

Following the recent Playstation Magazine article, the latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine (UK) now has a cover story on the videogame Aliens: Colonial Marines. The 9-page feature includes new screenshots and plenty of new details. You can click on the image below to read it. This issue also includes two exclusive posters so make sure to grab your copy.

Thanks to MFTP for the scans.

Update: Digital quality scans can be found here on the forums.

The Runner

The Runner

At leeeeeasssttt they didn't include Crapetheus in the timeline...

The Runner is going to appear.....but what worries me

"Radiation"

My god, I see the Pilot!!! They better not ruin it by putting in non canon giant bald men.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: The Runner on Nov 24, 2012, 04:18:34 PM

"Radiation"

My god, I see the Pilot!!! They better not ruin it by putting in non canon giant bald men.

This magazine doesn't mention tie ins with Prometheus, but the Playstation magazine article shows the developers mentioning it. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/PSM3.jpg

Quote from: newbeing on Nov 24, 2012, 04:43:39 PM

"Radiation"

This magazine doesn't mention tie ins with Prometheus, but the Playstation magazine article shows the developers mentioning it. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/PSM3.jpg

After reading this and other magazine articles, and seeing the survival trailer the animation stuff is worrying to me. The Aliens are not going to seem threatening if they're bumbling around environments. Sounds like the top thing Gearbox needs to fix up.

MrSpaceJockey

Michael Weyland? Awwww man.
"It's said that Ridley Scott only considers James Cameron's sequel as genuine canon" - Since when?

Gorilla aliens, you know, Aliens beefed up because they came out of a different host than a human, that's insane, but Boilers and Spitters and Crushers? Nah, that's all fine, huh?  8)

Still, cool article. Thanks for the scans, AVPGalaxy. Wish I could see that pilot better...at least exploring the derelict sounds interesting.

aliens13

The Pilot Chair!!!!! I can't wait for this game!

MrSpaceJockey

King

I also wish the jockey in this game isn't a tall muscular pale white bald guy but rather a mysterious creepy elephantine looking giant we knew from "Alien"

Gazz

In fear of starting another 'canon' discussion I tentatively ask what makes Prometheus not canon?

acrediblesource

thank god they put some good Prometheus stuff in there, JC aliens is god awefull and full of plotholes.

The Runner

Quote from: Gazz on Nov 24, 2012, 07:59:51 PM

In fear of starting another 'canon' discussion I tentatively ask what makes Prometheus not canon?

1. Ruining the Space Jockey.
2. Crap Dialogue.
3. Spiffy Mr. Clean Ship.
4. Bringing in Religion into it. (Space Jockey Jesus, WTF? There are Christian fans of the Alien movies yah know)
5. Technology that is more advanced then the latter movies. Shouldn't the shit we see in Prometheus be standard issue by ALIENS?
6. Idiotic Characters.
7. Plot holes.
8. Turning the ALIEN universe from a dead nihilistic space full of mystery to something on the bordering of Star Trek.

Honestly putting Predators stuff would be just as bad as putting Prometheus stuff in here. Prometheus can stay in it's singular canon world, away from the ALIEN universe. Just like the AVP and Predator universe.

Gazz

Nah, not interested.

Carry on course, thread!  ;D

Spoon

I cant stand those dinosaur mouths they have!
Its just like AVP:R   its awful looking!

acrediblesource

James Cameron shouldn't even be credited. Ridley Scott and HR. Giger and Gearbox Presents. That is all.
JC made a mockery of this universe (i'm not talking about the franchise here) he was the one to put the gorilla alien in the toy line and that just doesn't cut it. 

Ash 937

"It's the first time there's ever been an original Aliens story in video game form. Ever." - Pitchford

I don't understand how such a blatantly false statement can even be made by Pitchford considering the fact that GBX worked with WayForward to make Aliens: Infestation on the Nintendo DS in 2011.

Oh yeah, and there are also these:

Aliens: Thanatos Encounter (2001) - Gameboy Color
Aliens: Extermination (2006) - Arcade

williammcnasty#awesome92

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed