Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Mar 25, 2017, 05:03:28 PM

What do you think of Box office.Com's prediction??

It will be waaay higher than that!!
34 (66.7%)
That's just about right!!
12 (23.5%)
This will be looower than projected numbers!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!! (Read 23,418 times)

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The reviews are going to boost it. Enough good ones to make people want to see for themselves

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 07, 2017, 08:51:45 PM
Quote from: Protozoid on May 07, 2017, 08:24:47 PM
I wish I knew what was going through the minds of the people at Fox and Scott Free during process of making and releasing Covenant.

Do they feel justified in amping up the violence and franchise appeal if this movie doesn't have a prayer of matching the box office for The Martian?

If it doesn't match Prometheus, I imagine Noomi Rapace is going to ring everyone at Fox and Scott Free to tell them she told them so.

Ridley should really stick to his guns from now on. Commercial success is never guaranteed. He should be following his bliss at this stage of his career.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 08:59:25 AM
Has there been any updates considering the first reviews?
I don't know if this has been posted, yet, but BoxOffice.com did up their estimates slightly:

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

They noted: "First traditional tracking and social media buzz have improved our outlook for Alien: Covenant. Positive reviews will still be important to its success, though."

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-transformers-last-knight/

I think The Force Awakens, The Martian and Deadpool all had a hand in emboldening Scott and Fox to make what ultimately became Covenant. The Force Awakens inspired Scott to go back to the roots, The Martian being a massive success further solidified Fox's confidence in Scott, and Deadpool with the tough R-rating and extreme violence.

I agree.

Sir Ridley Scott said "ALIEN movies are MY STAR WARS". He wants to Direct 5 ALIEN Movies:

1.- ALIEN. 2.- PROMETHEUS. 3.- ALIEN: COVENANT. 4.- ALIEN: AWAKENING. 5.- ALIEN 5.

Protozoid

Quote from: PierreVW on May 07, 2017, 10:09:28 PM
I wish I knew what was going through the minds of the people at Fox and Scott Free during process of making and releasing Covenant.

Do they feel justified in amping up the violence and franchise appeal if this movie doesn't have a prayer of matching the box office for The Martian?

If it doesn't match Prometheus, I imagine Noomi Rapace is going to ring everyone at Fox and Scott Free to tell them she told them so.

Ridley should really stick to his guns from now on. Commercial success is never guaranteed. He should be following his bliss at this stage of his career.

I don't know if this has been posted, yet, but BoxOffice.com did up their estimates slightly:

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

They noted: "First traditional tracking and social media buzz have improved our outlook for Alien: Covenant. Positive reviews will still be important to its success, though."

I think The Force Awakens, The Martian and Deadpool all had a hand in emboldening Scott and Fox to make what ultimately became Covenant. The Force Awakens inspired Scott to go back to the roots, The Martian being a massive success further solidified Fox's confidence in Scott, and Deadpool with the tough R-rating and extreme violence.

I agree.

Sir Ridley Scott said "ALIEN movies are MY STAR WARS". He wants to Direct 5 ALIEN Movies:

1.- ALIEN. 2.- PROMETHEUS. 3.- ALIEN: COVENANT. 4.- ALIEN: AWAKENING. 5.- ALIEN 5.
The problem is that Lucas had the money and the attitude to stick to his guns and finish his story the way he envisioned it. Scott isn't naive enough to think Fox will give him the kind of freedom Lucas had. Scott must be referring to the new Star Wars movies, which cynically recycle elements to pander to nostalgia-blind fanboys. If that's Scott's plan, then I'm disappointed in him. He's better than that.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Protozoid on May 08, 2017, 12:37:14 AM

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

I agree.

The problem is that Lucas had the money and the attitude to stick to his guns and finish his story the way he envisioned it. Scott isn't naive enough to think Fox will give him the kind of freedom Lucas had. Scott must be referring to the new Star Wars movies, which cynically recycle elements to pander to nostalgia-blind fanboys. If that's Scott's plan, then I'm disappointed in him. He's better than that.

Well Lucas changed somethings along the way, Vader becoming Luke's father, Leia becoming Luke's sister but when he started the prequels he really decided to "stick to his guns and finish his story the way he envisioned it" , despite all the hate from Episode I.

Scoot didn't seem to have a major plan when he decided to make Prometheus, he just waits for each movie to be released and watches the response from it before deciding to where to go next with the story.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

I believe Fassbender's amazing portrayal is driving alot of the narrative that Ridley is perusing

PierreVW

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

I agree.

My friend, I know you loved PROMETHEUS.

Don't worry, ALIEN: AWAKENING is the PROMETHEUS 2 you always wanted.

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 08, 2017, 12:51:37 AM
I believe Fassbender's amazing portrayal is driving alot of the narrative that Ridley is perusing

I agree.

Michael Fassbender is HIS NEW Russell Crowe.

Protozoid

Quote from: PierreVW on May 08, 2017, 12:59:20 AM

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

I agree.

Have you heard something we haven't? I sure hope so.

Unless it's a prequel to Covenant, I'm not sure that's possible, but I'll try to remain optimistic.

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on May 08, 2017, 01:09:21 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on May 08, 2017, 12:59:20 AM

$40M opening weekend
$105M domestic total.

I agree.

Have you heard something we haven't? I sure hope so.

Unless it's a prequel to Covenant, I'm not sure that's possible, but I'll try to remain optimistic.

It sounds weird but yes....

.... ALIEN: AWAKENING is a Prequel of ALIEN: COVENANT.

Protozoid

Quote from: PierreVW on May 08, 2017, 02:27:42 AM

You made my day. Thanks, Pierre.

BishopShouldGo

Uh no it's not Pierre.

Robopadna

Quote from: Protozoid on May 08, 2017, 02:38:17 AM
Quote from: PierreVW on May 08, 2017, 02:27:42 AM

You made my day. Thanks, Pierre.

He's wrong. It isn't.

Protozoid

Are you guys just being skeptical? Because unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure Ridley's statement has not been officially corrected and Pierre's info has been solid so far.

Samhain13

Wait. So Ridley is making a prequel to a prequel? That's my boy Ridley. Unbelievable as always.

Anthony

Anthony

I'm preeeeetty sure Ridley just mispoke.

BishopShouldGo

Protozoid, I know you're in love with Prometheus, as am I, and Awakening being a prequel to Covenant means we would get a David & Shaw adventure without the horror tropes, but it's just not true, don't be seduced. Ridley misspeaks all the time and Pierre spreads misinformation at a breathtaking rate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed