Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 36,645 times)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Nov 04, 2016, 03:26:54 PM
Who wrote this on Wiki? It's bullshit speculation (underlined) -

"Harry Gregson-Williams has been selected as the film's composer,[46] but confirmed he's no longer involved in scoring the movie. Inside chatter suggests he was unhappy with the film as a whole and wanted out.[47]"

I assume someone took this quote way out of context:

"one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit"

And looking at some of the absolute shit he has scored ("Total Recall 2012, Cowboy's and Aliens), that movie would have to be the absolute shits for him to turn it down.  Of note though, The only movie on his entire resume that even eludes to horror is Prometheus.  THIS IS WILD SPECULATION:  Maybe he doesn't want to be associated with something as gory as this film is looking to be?  The Backbuster scene isn't going to be pretty.  Depending on how he works, he might not want to be subject to that amount of gore repeatedly.  WILD SPECULATION ENDS.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Inside chatter. Stop entertaining such balderdash.

Enoch

Scoring the movie is business for gods sake... Maybe Ridley wasnt
pleased with Harry's score and fired him... easy as that. Maybe Ridley
found another composer willing to score Covenant... maybe its just
schedule issue... there are tons of reasons.

Pvt. Himmel

Here is my thought....

Fassie said Scott already has a cut of the film, right. So maybe this cut is his (hard R-rated version), and the studio is making him reshoot so its not so violent hence why Williams can't score the movie. ( if reshoot rumors are true) Now does that mean that there will be two cuts of the film??

Enoch

https://www.facebook.com/arabella.winter.1/about

This girl is Assistant Music Editor for Covenant
she is working from September, perhaps someone
could ask her about current situation. Dont know
if her NDA forbids her to speak about that.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. No one involved can say anything remotely interesting. Not Wayne, not the assistant music editor, no one.

Enoch

Are you sure, Harry's son revealed first three scenes of the movie :laugh: :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Another comment from HGW:

QuoteSchedules and one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit and this one wasn't going to work out. I move on to another project with gratitude to have worked on many movies with Ridley Scott where the moons did indeed align and I had the chance to burrow in to the core of the project and do the job!

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 07, 2016, 08:37:39 AM
Another comment from HGW:

QuoteSchedules and one's expectations of scoring a film don't always fit and this one wasn't going to work out. I move on to another project with gratitude to have worked on many movies with Ridley Scott where the moons did indeed align and I had the chance to burrow in to the core of the project and do the job!

Does it mean he scored something? Looks like.

Corporal Hicks

I don't think so. When you read the whole sentence, it reads more like he's just referring to other projects.

Ingwar

Maybe you are right. Who knows. We'll find out one day.

HGW says project not projects. He also adds that he had a chance to burrow in to the core of it. Sounds enigmatic for me :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

He's referring to past projects. The use of singular is correct in that sentence.

Corporal Hicks

Wonder if the change in release date is the reason HGW had to leave.

Enoch

Very possible...

426Buddy

Considering recent date change and his comments, I think its very likely the cause of his departure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed