Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 37,281 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 01, 2016, 12:18:13 PM
Well i remember something similar happening on the news with a court case about money.
A deal was made where a company would pay a householder in an out of court settlement over something i cant remember and they had a NDA in place . But the guys daughter put a post on her Twitter and Facebook saying she was getting a free holiday and getting out of school, because of the money her dad was getting.
The company saw this and used it as an excuse to not pay the money as it broke the NDA in their eyes and the courts agreed. I think it was a couple of Million the family would have got if the daughter hadnt have said anything

LOL!!!! I remember this story. People seriously need to learn what "NDA" means... and that Facebook isn't exactly a place to store all your secrets on. Even with things set on private, you never know. I bet she was stupid enough to set it on "public" for all the world to see... GOOD!  :laugh:

Anyway, as for this situation, I really hope it wasn't due to the same reason... who would be stupid enough to get their parent fired by leaking something? We don't know for sure, that could've been anyone using that name, but still, a bit suspicious. Maybe it was creative differences, as others have stated.

BonesawT101

I'd happily take Zimmer. Though Penderecki would be a dream come true.

Ephemer Nine

Ephemer Nine

Where did this theory of the son leaking the pictures come from? I probably missed it in the midst of this news bombardment.

Harry's departure seems odd indeed. I guess they'll bring either Streitenfeld or Zimmer (both great choices in my opinion).

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Nov 01, 2016, 06:43:43 PM
I'd happily take Zimmer. Though Penderecki would be a dream come true.
It would, but I think the nearest we could get to that would be some of his pieces being used.

PsyKore

His music is usually really bland (IMO) and I suspect it wasn't fitting tonally. I feel bad for the guy but I think it's better for the film to get someone else.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Shame that, hoping they maintain the epicness as well as the creepier eerie music cues of Prometheus. Curious to hear other composers take on an Alien score while applying their own artistic twist to it, composers such as Marco Beltrami, Danny Elfman,  Christopher Young, Alexandre Desplat, Joseph Bishara, Howard Shore, James Newton Howard. Here's hoping whoever they chose does a great job.

PRJ_since1990

Well this is interesting news to say the least. I really do wonder since he's off the project if they had something else in mind for the music style of this film. IMO Prometheus OST was pretty bland and I got it for completionist sake but I only ever liked a couple tracks from it, which apparently were Williams'.

If this score is supposed to be a scary jump out of your pants thing, a Prometheus like score would not cut it. ALIEN had some very unsettling music which helped push the idea of clausterphobic conditions, a doomed ship, a creature stalking you from areas unknown out to kill you. One of the best tracks on the OST for ALIEN was Sleepy Alien, where Ripley encounters the creature on the way to the Narcissus. They reused it in ALIENS with the scene of the Queen coming straight at Ripley & Newt b4 Bishop arrives.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I wonder WTF is going on?  ???

Were Fox unhappy with the "psychodelic" tone? And decided to scrap the entire soundtrack?

Quote from: Ephemer Nine on Nov 01, 2016, 08:24:10 PM
Where did this theory of the son leaking the pictures come from? I probably missed it in the midst of this news bombardment.

From your squad leader.

acrediblesource

MGS series were the best. undoubtly will stay with me forever. Prometheus had some good stuff,it was a more extreme Alien type of concept much like the movie itself. Sorry Harry Gregory Williams! Good journey.

Abed

'Where did this theory of the son leaking the pictures come from?' - I'm not sure about claims that the pictures came from him, but the 'backburster' spoiler rumours came from some (now deleted) IMDb posts from someone who at the time claimed to be the composer's son. I was on the IMDb board the day they went up. Following a few questions, the user said that he probably shouldn't have said anything, and deleted his posts. At this point that still could have been anyone making things up to entertain themselves, but this is an interesting development.

Pvt. Himmel

Its a little too quiet. I mean why the secrecy??? Unless the rumor is true.

GQSioux

Quote from: Darkoo on Nov 01, 2016, 06:20:42 PM
Michael Giacchino will save the day.

Would love Giacchino.

Wouldn't mind Tyler Bates either.

NickisSmart

John Carpenter, please :)

Scorpio

This is like Legend all over again.  Just for the record, I prefer the Tangerine Dream score.

Jometheus

I'm totally gutted. Was so looking forward to his return for Covenant - I think this will hurt the film, but then again, we don't know the full facts.

Elliot Goldenthal would be top of my list for a replacement, not really that plausible... Sad times.

Richman678

Someone see if Elliot Goldenthal is available.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed