SOPA strike

Started by Predator Queen, Jan 14, 2012, 02:40:43 AM

Author
SOPA strike (Read 37,891 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 19, 2012, 04:04:54 PM
Crazy Rich is back and he's figured out he's been trolled.

1. S.O.P.A hasn't even been passed yet.

2. First Bood quotes my "suck my..." post as removed yet I can still see my own original post just fine. It doesn't make sense to black out the quote of my post but not my original post, unless their f**king morons.

3. The one clai that facebook is experienceing it too. I searched over many pages and saw nothing at all.

4. They failed the first test when I "stole" lyrics from a song and nothing was done.

5. Avatars and signatures are still safe.

6. I believe through messages I'm not just being trolled, I'm being trolled on a massive scale.

7. Other areas on AvPG seem normal.

8. By chance I'm wrong, they are just blocking what they don't want to hear so they can sleep better at night, but point #2 gives me doubts.

It's a conspiracy man. The whole world is in on it.  ;)

Quote from: Gate on Jan 19, 2012, 10:15:25 PM
Why are we throwing stupid jokes around? This is a protest about SOPA and PIPA.

Anonymous are planning a March on Washington DC and many other activities. It's supposedly going to be even bigger than the Scientology protests.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/281259/20120113/sopa-anonymous-extends-opblackout-protest-non-citizens.htm

With Operation Blackout, the hacktivists have pledged for the first time to take to the streets and protest actively against the US government. "This is where we draw the line. This is when we leave our computers. This is when we take out our masks and defy the corrupt rule of law. This is when we revolt. The time has come for you to accept the truth and join us in overthrowing yet another corrupt military regime," reads the statement.

I don't think it'll do much good, but good on them for trying.

Gate

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

that's teach 'em to kill the second best download server avalible.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Just because the bills are slowly losing support does not mean the US is not trying to crack down copyright claims. Mega Upload/Video have been terminated:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/19/feds-shut-down-file-sharing-website/

Well, this wrecked my day royally (so much for finishing Garo). :(

BANE

BANE

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 19, 2012, 09:29:53 PM
who could possibly give a damn about another country's government?
Those who aren't retarded...or those who don't think they're the center of the universe, perhaps.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gate on Jan 19, 2012, 10:15:25 PM
Why are we throwing stupid jokes around? This is a protest about SOPA and PIPA.

Anonymous are planning a March on Washington DC and many other activities. It's supposedly going to be even bigger than the Scientology protests.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/281259/20120113/sopa-anonymous-extends-opblackout-protest-non-citizens.htm

With Operation Blackout, the hacktivists have pledged for the first time to take to the streets and protest actively against the US government. "This is where we draw the line. This is when we leave our computers. This is when we take out our masks and defy the corrupt rule of law. This is when we revolt. The time has come for you to accept the truth and join us in overthrowing yet another corrupt military regime," reads the statement.
"Accept the truth and join us in overthrowing yet another corrupt military regime?"

That's a truly idiotic thing to say about the US.  Sorry, college kid, but apparently you have no idea what a corrupt military regime is.

I hope he doesn't represent the entire protest.

Gate

Gate

The Protests against the Government are in response to The  National Defense Authorization Act as well as SOPA and PIPA

Ghostface

Ghostface

Perhaps they should've protested the NDAA before it was signed in

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Okay, so the bill has text in it that's related to homeland security and national defense.  But "corrupt military regime" is so far off the mark and bogus, just trying to hype people up that know nothing about whats going on.  I think it makes the whole thing lose credibility.

Gate

Gate

The White House had stated before-hand that the bill would not pass in it's current state

Look what happened

They said the same about SOPA, so people wanted to make sure they were correct.

The NDAA allows the Executive branch to assassinate, arrest, and kill people without any investigation more than probable cause. if you're missing a finger, if you're stocking up weeks forth of food rations, you're a terrorist if they say so.

Ghostface

Ghostface

If you're stock piling food, you probably scare the shit out of politicians so technically they would be correct.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

governments should be afraid of their people, shouldn't they?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jan 19, 2012, 04:04:54 PM
Crazy Rich is back and he's figured out he's been trolled.

1. S.O.P.A hasn't even been passed yet.

2. First Bood quotes my "suck my..." post as removed yet I can still see my own original post just fine. It doesn't make sense to black out the quote of my post but not my original post, unless their f**king morons.

3. The one clai that facebook is experienceing it too. I searched over many pages and saw nothing at all.

4. They failed the first test when I "stole" lyrics from a song and nothing was done.

5. Avatars and signatures are still safe.

6. I believe through messages I'm not just being trolled, I'm being trolled on a massive scale.

7. Other areas on AvPG seem normal.

8. By chance I'm wrong, they are just blocking what they don't want to hear so they can sleep better at night, but point #2 gives me doubts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dI6mPDCqEo#

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jan 20, 2012, 12:56:42 AM
governments should be afraid of their people, shouldn't they?
They should be, but aren't.

Seems anonymous are counterstriking on behalf of Megaupload
https://twitter.com/YourAnonNews
http://rt.com/usa/news/anonymous-doj-universal-sopa-235/

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Gate on Jan 19, 2012, 11:09:03 PM
The White House had stated before-hand that the bill would not pass in it's current state

Look what happened

They said the same about SOPA, so people wanted to make sure they were correct.

The NDAA allows the Executive branch to assassinate, arrest, and kill people without any investigation more than probable cause. if you're missing a finger, if you're stocking up weeks forth of food rations, you're a terrorist if they say so.

The Executive branch?  Like, The President?  If you hadn't noticed, he could probably do that anyway.  He's the president.  He could assassinate you, as well as kill you.  ^. 

But look, if you want to exaggerate "probable cause" to mean that you were hoarding food, if you think the government could assassinate/kill somebody and that kind of evidence would stand up in court, and the entire nation wouldn't pump their shotguns and run out the front door screaming, then well, Ima have to disagree.  Strongly.

This country still has a backbone, as well as a constitution.  I think it's the right thing to protest these laws, but I also think that it's crucial that people look at the situation realistically, so they can have a logical response to it.

If people are so paranoid that they start believing that our government has >the money, >the time, or, >the desire to kill a random American citizen that watches too much Alex Jones and try and say that it was probably (see what I did there?) cause for engaging a "suspected terrorist" on American soil, with weapons, then that's just too much Alex Jones.

It doesn't work that way, and when it does, shit really goes down.  I mean, people in America aren't so dumb that they can't see the end when it cometh.  That's why we all. have. bloody. guns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed