Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting?

Started by Frosty Venom, Sep 30, 2018, 07:21:54 AM

Which trio of films is better?

Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien
44 (52.4%)
Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
40 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author
Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting? (Read 20,282 times)

Frosty Venom

If you had to choose between watching Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien in one sitting or Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection which would you choose?

As much as I love Alien and Covenant, I would go with Aliens, 3 and Resurrection as I find them as the more entertaining of the 6 films.

SiL

...f**k me.

I'd have to go for the first option simply because Alien is my favourite film ever, and I'd still rather sit through two films I don't like to watch it, than not watch it.

The Old One

The Old One

The first option, alternatively Alien, Aliens and A3.

SM

Option 1.  Prometheus and Covenant are just a smidge better than Alien 3 and Resurrection anyway.

Local Trouble

Can I just watch Sophie's Choice?  Because that's what this poll is like.

SM

Well Streep was considered for Ripley if memory serves...

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 30, 2018, 08:08:02 AM
The first option, alternatively Alien, Aliens and A3.

How about Prometheus, Alien Resurrection and AvPR?

The Old One

The Old One

Why not be direct about it and lobotomize me?

It's Requiem that would push me over the edge though.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Sep 30, 2018, 09:06:12 AM
Option 1.  Prometheus and Covenant are just a smidge better than Alien 3 and Resurrection anyway.
But Aliens is significantly better than both.

I guess each option contains one classic film and two take-it-or-leave-it options ...

Local Trouble

I thought SiL liked the prequels.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Sep 30, 2018, 07:27:49 AM
...f**k me.

I'd have to go for the first option simply because Alien is my favourite film ever, and I'd still rather sit through two films I don't like to watch it, than not watch it.
Yea but there is a major movie missing between covenant and alien. I mean shit that is one hell of a jump.

At least aliens, alien3 and A:R would make more sense. We'd be looking at it as a Ripley mystery in aliens. Like what happened. We'd be like the marines, she apparently saw an alien and then bam, aliens everywhere. It was the mystery that made alien so great so I think that would be the better choice imo.

SiL

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 30, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
Yea but there is a major movie missing between covenant and alien. I mean shit that is one hell of a jump.
Yeah, but I don't care if there's a progression necessarily; I care about the films themselves.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 30, 2018, 10:04:55 AM
I thought SiL liked the prequels.
I enjoyed watching Prometheus in theaters, but stopped liking it after it hit home media.

426Buddy

What a difficult poll.

I chose promy, covy, and Alien, but it was a difficult choice. In the end I like all the films on the list more than AR lol.

Darwinsgirl

The first choice for me. Like several others here ALIEN is my all time favorite film. If I could pick out the 3 films. I'd go with ALIEN,ALIENS & ALIEN3. Though I like Prometheus and Covenant very much. I still have many viewings to go to come close to the number of times I've watched the first 3.

Elmazalman

First option for me. ALIEN is my favourite film (as is JAWS). I don't mind sitting through PROMETHEUS and ALIEN: COVENANT to get to the real gold.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed