AvP Requiem DVD / Blu-Ray Sales

Started by Darkness, Apr 24, 2008, 07:22:49 PM

Author
AvP Requiem DVD / Blu-Ray Sales (Read 20,499 times)

Biz

Biz

I think it is so funny that people knock some of the minor flaws of AVP-R, but it has been scientifically proven that mud cannot prevent body heat from being detected in infra-red. Go figure...

blackhawk

blackhawk

Your right spinner, that part in the hospital was dark. For me it was the only part that i found dark. The scene happens so fast that it's hard to tell what happens. You know that the pizza boss is killed but how??? other then that that was the only dark part in the movie.  In response to Biz's comment "I think it is so funny that people knock some of the minor flaws of AVP-R, but it has been scientifically proven that mud cannot prevent body heat from being detected in infra-red. Go figure..."  Who cares if mud doesn't block body heat from infa red, that part in Predator was cool. How would Dutch be able to have a final showdown with the Predator at the end of the movie?

ZEN

ZEN

@ Biz & blackhawk  Although it was cool,Biz has a point.But,what you two are forgetting is that the pred helmet is set to scan for bio heat and dangerously high heat sources,otherwise it whould be like at the end of the movie where everything the predator saw was bright red.Just saying is all   ;D  .

ZEN

ZEN

Sorry,I should have added that the pred helmet whould have seen the heat,but it was coverd by mud,therefor the helmet did'nt register it as bio-heat,but as background heat instead   ;)     ;D  .

Shouldercannon

Shouldercannon

To all rabid fanboys  who say bring on P3 or A5, be careful of what  you wish for. Fox had P2, A3 and A4, and they weren't  exactly classics were they? Not that the AVP franchise is  a solid gold standard by any means, but stand-alone sequels of P or A won't guarantee quality or box office returns if they continue with subpar scripts and directors. AVP  exists because Fox realize A and P alone does not have the same level of fandom as mega-franchise like Harry Potter or Star Trek, so  they combined both of them to maxmize returns. If you want stand alone A and P, then you must demonstate by $$$ that  a sufficient level of fan support exist for stand-alone sequels. Star Trek series, so they tried to combine both series of

Semaka

Semaka

QuoteGort Pred | 03 May 2008 02:50 89  Wo wo wo ZEN and Semaka hold on!  There is an alien origin, its in the books. There will be alot of pissed off fans of the novels if they make a movie like that and its its own, not the book. The books tell you enough about the aliens and predators. The space jocky (in one of the books) created the aliens. There is or should be no alien home world, (unless you count the space jocky world)
That is why I don't want any space jokeys in the movies. But I do want a movie with lots of kinds of aliens, like runners, drones, praetorians. That was a mistake in AvP:Requiem. I mean, there was a forest nearby, animals=runners, but no runner, there was a dog in the sewer, what happened to the dog? a runner would have been nice.  And another thing that i don't agree with AvP:R is that how come the aliens that were born from facehuggers+humans look the same as those born from Predalien+humans? I mean, those should look different.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Good question Semaka For A5 no space jockey, how about a deep salvage team finding the biomech alien or the queen? Theres some good specimens for the scientists.  Yeah no runner in AVPR... so sad, perfect opportunity. AVP3 can do whatever, include everything I think.   ;D  

Biz

Biz

I don't think we will ever see direct sequels to Alien or Predator. AVP is the new franchise and I believe the creatures are now inseparable. However, I do believe that an Alien remake will happen some day.  AVP is a successful franchise in terms of economics.

The Ultimate Predator

I can sadly see AvP3 being made...

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Well Semaka, you can answer your question about why the aliens looked like the hybrids babies, and thats becasue Predalien is an alien. It's just an alien with a few pred characteristics. Thats why it didn't kill the normal looking aliens and have predalien babies. I know you would expect that (i did) but its a going to be queen alien with pred stuff on it. So the babies will look like aliens.   All in all I like all the things ppl are saying (the ones that like the movie i mean)   I'm gonna have an alien, predator, and avp night again tonight    ;D  

Biz

Biz

Back on topic.... The movie looks way better in HD than it does in standard def. I did a side by side last night. Dark movies especially benefit from high def transfers.  This type of movie is also the perfect Blu Ray title because most Blu Ray adopters are video game geeks... Like me

wonderous

wonderous

an alien remake would be the dumbest thing to do, as would an avp 3.  alien 5 and predator 3 is not out of the question

redalert51

redalert51

It was to dark at the cinema and the same on both the DVD/BR release's,also I really hate having to adjust the brightness control on my monitor/TV,most players having viewing adjustments.  The film had quite a long run in the commercial cimema's,well I would hazard a guess,that it had a longer run than AVP1.

ZEN

ZEN

Like I said,the predalien was turning into a predalien queen.Think about it,we've only see'n 4 queens,1 was in A2,the 2nd in A3,the 3rd in A:R I do'nt count because it was part human,and the 4th was in the temple and it could have been another queen rather then one the preds brought because as AVP showed,the temple was blown up (It was in the flash-back just to let those of you who refuse to watch AVP know).It could very well be possible.Totally agree with you Gort Pred!!!   ;D  .

ZEN

ZEN

I also had a thought that whould make many ppl happy!!!   ;D  .The majority of the alien fans like the idea that the xenomorphs were created as a bio weapon.Thats were my idea that they were used for terraforming comes in.You send them down,they take over,kill the local wildlife by taking their dominent genes and overlapping the weaknesses with a tough chiton ,acid blood etc. and they set up massive hives,then you send a gasious form of what Wolf used in AVPR to get rid od them and everything else!.Now,in the comics/novels,the preds were not always hunters,but united under the supreme elder to hunt!.But why?.Because a space-jocky ship came down trying to take over the pred homeworld.Thats when the first hunter appeard,the supreme elder!!!.When they became advanced enough they shot an S-J ship out of the sky (on a 3rd-7th attempt) and they reverse engineared their hyper(or was it star?)drives!!!.Also,theres that Black Warrior thing that does'nt make sense.Or does it?.In AVP:Prey the preds wear the chiton as body armor!!!.What if the first hunter was the first  to wear the "black" chiton!?!.They could sooo have this as the set up for AVP3!!!.  Sorry if i sound like a smart ass,but I watched Dr.Who earlier this night!!!   ;D   PEACE!!!!!   ;D     ;D     ;D  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed