Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 07, 2019, 09:39:48 AM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds Catch-All Thread (Read 103,602 times)

Kailem

Feral's mask definitely gives everyone a bit of a case of "Deac cheek" when its equipped, unfortunately. Which I don't mind as much as the mandibles not being visible at all when it's on. It's cool that they added it, but that does take a little bit of the excitement out of it for sure.

As for Bionic, I really like him! They really stepped it up a notch with this model like Superior Ironman said. Feels like the complete opposite reaction to when Wolf came out and had all those issues with his model.

And he seems like a good, well-rounded class to play as too. Definitely a really cool Predator.

Samhain13

Once again, if you buy the DLC on Epic Games Store, it still appears as locked. Illfonic continues to never learn from their mistakes and be the most incompetent potato developers ever.

Mr.Turok

I will say that aside from the new Predator, it's also again disappointing that no new long range Predator weapons or balance changes are not touched. People can say things about not expecting much from this development team but come one, some semblance of bare new gameplay changes is somehow too much to ask? I just don't buy the whole "small studio" thing anymore, especially that they are planning to work on another game after Arcadegeddon and Ghostbusters when they haven't even done some polishing for the games they got now.

Kailem

They're just done with the game is all. They've been done with it since last year. All they likely have is a very small team of a few people keeping the lights on and releasing the last few Predator characters they've got left. The lion's share of the studio is working on Ghostbusters now, and have been for a while.

Unless there are any massive game-breaking bugs that crop up in the future, there won't be any more bug fixes, balance changes, new weapons, maps, game modes or anything substantial beyond these new Predators.

Santoslive19

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 24, 2022, 01:34:34 PMOnce again, if you buy the DLC on Epic Games Store, it still appears as locked. Illfonic continues to never learn from their mistakes and be the most incompetent potato developers ever.
same here

davewesker

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 24, 2022, 03:07:47 PMThey're just done with the game is all. They've been done with it since last year. All they likely have is a very small team of a few people keeping the lights on and releasing the last few Predator characters they've got left. The lion's share of the studio is working on Ghostbusters now, and have been for a while.

Unless there are any massive game-breaking bugs that crop up in the future, there won't be any more bug fixes, balance changes, new weapons, maps, game modes or anything substantial beyond these new Predators.

That's such a shame. This game has so so much potential but comes across they can't be bothered to do anything unless it's paid dlc skins. So so much that could have been added but essentially all we got was paid for mods using already established models.

I will never buy the whole "we don't know how to make predour work in a city" bs

They were given a massive box of lego to play with but couldn't be bothered after they made a few things to put any effort into other stuff.

SuperiorIronman

Predkour in a city is more an issue than you'd think given that you'd need foliage to obscure non-cloaked players, ledges that communicate to the player where to go, new animations regarding how the Predator is scrambling up these surfaces and tells for the player that the Predator did and where it's going. And otherwise health pickups would need to be new (unless you know of a city that has wild boar running around), where the player is mudding up, require new level geometry and textures, all on top of the work needed for level design.

They did try Clash. Nobody liked that. Because TTK in this game is based around fighting Predator. It does not mesh with fighting other players like in a COD match.

davewesker

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 26, 2022, 12:13:21 AMPredkour in a city is more an issue than you'd think given that you'd need foliage to obscure non-cloaked players, ledges that communicate to the player where to go, new animations regarding how the Predator is scrambling up these surfaces and tells for the player that the Predator did and where it's going. And otherwise health pickups would need to be new (unless you know of a city that has wild boar running around), where the player is mudding up, require new level geometry and textures, all on top of the work needed for level design.

They did try Clash. Nobody liked that. Because TTK in this game is based around fighting Predator. It does not mesh with fighting other players like in a COD match.
Respectfully disagre. The predkour could easily be done with fire escapes, ledges on sides of buildings etc. Food source is could be done with dumpsters and take away food dumped etc. Admittedly yes would require a bit of work but that's what I find the most frustrating thing about illfonic the lazyness and refusal do do anything that requires a little effort.

SuperiorIronman

You don't want to confuse the player, it's why predkour is only on tree limbs. You don't want to make the player think they can jump somewhere they really can't. And it'd require new animations to make that happen which is money a soon to be an almost three year old game doesn't have. And frankly outside of being ready for launch, they otherwise weren't going to do it anyways as the budget they had was for the jungle. The game is based on the first film and they simply weren't going to do anything beyond that scope. It's why we don't even have the game preserve because the scope of Hunting Grounds was fitting into the style of the first film.

Doing something that requires a bit of effort is having Wolf be on model, releasing the shuriken, or fixing texture problems. But a new map with missions, geometry, textures, alternate health pickups, it's all something you'd at best get out of an expansion pack. That could never be done as free DLC.

Wweyland

Regarding the city map, I always thought it would make sense to start with a semi-city map, like a favela or something.

Bionic looks pretty good, I hope this isn't the last of the DLC and I'm still betting on some kind of Ultimate Edition in the end.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Can't recall if this is the same footage from before.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 08, 2022, 12:05:27 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVBsBPPBYI
Can't recall if this is the same footage from before.

Someone really reuploaded that old footage of an alternative tutorial mode and wrote "Leaked Singleplayer" on the title for some youtube clickbait attempt huh

SuperiorIronman

I'll check it out when I get home but I hope there's more content than that. I haven't seen the forums yet so I have no idea if that's it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed