The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,240 times)

Naginata

^ The designs for most of the stuff were kinda cool, I thought.

skull-splitter

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 26, 2018, 02:34:18 AM
You thought the film was visually interesting?

I can't say I empathise.

I think he means the books. I mean I kind of liked Salvation, but I imagine the book exploring more of that world than ended up on screen.

Xenomrph

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 26, 2018, 07:39:16 AM

I can't say I empathise.

I think he means the books. I mean I kind of liked Salvation, but I imagine the book exploring more of that world than ended up on screen.
Yeah. Like it's not like this art book is as good as 'David's Drawings', or the art book for, say, Blade Runner 2049, but I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth and I don't regret buying it at all.

I can't say I empathise.

The close-up photos and design ideas in the book for the Fugitive's armor and equipment is super-cool.

skull-splitter

All I need to hear.

Another week will be ok.

Davids Drawings is next.

The Old One

The Old One

I wasn't aware that Blade Runner had an artbook, thank you for letting me know.

HybridNewborn

Was a little disappointed that, unless I missed it, there was no mention of the Lex's Spear prop in the book.

One thing it did inform me of though, was that there was a half-busted shoulder-cannon in the case with the two helmets, which I thought was neat, and answered my question of "I wonder what happened with that after Requiem?"

The Old One

The Old One

It's not the Requiem Plasma Caster.

HybridNewborn

Shhhhhhush

Let me have this :P

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 26, 2018, 02:04:20 PM
There's one for BR2049, and it's fantastic. One of the better movie art books I've got.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 26, 2018, 03:44:59 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Sep 26, 2018, 02:04:20 PM
There's one for BR2049, and it's fantastic. One of the better movie art books I've got.
Still on my list.

skull-splitter

Website is stating a 8-9 day delivery time now, almost sold out, but at the same time I got a mail it is being sent today.

Corporal Hicks

Apparently Amazon are "still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered". I'm going into town at the weekend so hopefully I'll find a copy at Waterstones or Forbidden Planet.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2018, 09:54:14 AM
Apparently Amazon are "still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered". I'm going into town at the weekend so hopefully I'll find a copy at Waterstones or Forbidden Planet.

Hmm this is odd. I wonder if the other Collector's Edition book is released today too?

skull-splitter

My copy arrived today, just flipped throug it. Somewhat sad that it became more promotional for the film it it's current state than offer various designs for the film. What they do have on the designs is far and few between.

What is there, is of good quality though. Just don't expect creatures designed for the ark, various explorations of the predator.

Lot's of text to wade through too, which is OK since it's also a making off book. The quotes on some of the design choices just cement my impression that they tried to be new and fresh for the sake of it, while offering no explanation of the why and need for it.

Still a worthy buy at 27-33 euro's worth, just don't expect the level of close ups and variation the AvP books offered.

There's heaps of artwork not in here that I would love to see in the same quality of print though.

The Old One

The Old One

Unfortunate, Pass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed