If Alien:Colonial Marines was a phenominal success

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 12, 2018, 07:23:53 PM

Author
If Alien:Colonial Marines was a phenominal success (Read 8,979 times)

Local Trouble

She really stretched her 50 rounds a long way.  I wonder why none of them bothered using the flamethrower during the fight.

The Cruentus

I am not sure if any of them had the flamethrower on their person during the shaft chases, also only the last person in the group would have been able to safely use it, and in such a confined space is no guarantee that of either.

SM

Gorman started out with it in the script, then Ripley swapped him for the pulse rifle.  As depicted in Newt's Tale.

Local Trouble

Too bad Gorman didn't use it instead of his sidearm.  The flamethrower may have actually done some good against the aliens during the fight, if only by dissuading them from pressing their attack.

The Cruentus

Don't forget that Vasquez was the one that was last and Gorman went back for her, so even if he could drag her and use the flamethrower, he would still have been slow enough for the Aliens to come from the front via a vent in the floor of the shaft, like they did in the movie. So they still would have surrounded and using the flamethower to successfully kill a xeno would mean trying to navigate through burning corpses. I don't know how much difference it would make, I mean they are scared of fire but they were also relentless.

Local Trouble

I meant during the initial fight in medlab, not their retreat through the air ducts.

The Cruentus

It would have probably kept some of them at bay but the Aliens were coming from the back as well, as Burke was killed by the warrior when he fled.

SM

The flamethrower was only half full too so it's effectiveness was limited beyond keeping Aliens back.

In the script Ripley fires it over vents and around corners to clear a path.

Local Trouble

That probably would have slowed the movie down.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed