The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,929 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2018, 11:17:16 AMPretty big difference between an action movie one liner, and dialogue between characters that's clearly constructed to be comedy. Black's definitely more on the second.

The pussy jokes?

Not to mention all the other unintentionally hilarious stuff in the first movie.

Not saying I want an out-and-out comedy, but the first film was hardly Schindler's List in the laughs department.

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 18, 2018, 11:31:26 AM
The pussy jokes?
All two of them. The Predator has substantially more comedic interactions, page after page.

QuoteNot to mention all the other unintentionally hilarious stuff in the first movie.
If it's unintentional, its irrelevant. People's issues are the intentional stuff.

QuoteNot saying I want an out-and-out comedy, but the first film was hardly Schindler's List in the laughs department.
It took itself seriously enough. This one, ehh, unless they've cleaned it up from the script. But the trailer isn't showing that.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2018, 04:43:40 AM
I think so. Little movements to accentuate the expression rather than overacting. We wouldn't accept it from a human actor; why accept it from a mechanical one?

True, remember in Predator 2 when Harrigan cuts off the city hunter's arm ? We have a close shot of his eyes opening in shock as he realizes what's going to happen  :laugh:

It was exaggerated and felt a little goofy indeed.

The Wolverine Predator

I re-watched Predator 2 the other night, in my mind it's a classic and isn't as good as the first, but will also always have a nostalgic feeling for me because I was only 12 when it came out in 1990.
I was excited even after I learned Dutch wasn't returning.
The other thing I'll always remember is the theater crowd's reaction of final scene when all of the Predators showed up after Harrigan had killed the City Hunter.

skhellter

I dont care for the "tonal" differences between this film and the others.

Comedy and jokes arent a problem per se...
(if the comedy is actually funny.. and it is pretty funny in certain spots)

The script takes its lead characters, their inner lives and the situation
they are in seriously enough that there's still a sense of "the stakes".
... just like other Shane Black films, actually.

The main problem here is that the script is convoluted in the extreme
to the point of the "plot" almost seeming like straight nonsense.
(almost like a transformers michael bay movie in that aspect)

Oh and it treats autism like a magic power.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  :laugh:
That is gonna give rise to lots of "hot takes"...

Corporal Hicks

Fortunately, there was a year's worth of revisions between the draft we've all read, shooting beginning, editing, reshoots, editing, etc. We don't actually know how all those elements are going to turn out. I'm hoping Black gets the balance down in the edit. I think he's competent enough to do it.

ace3g

Well let's see if this trailer is different than the one that was released online.  Recently classified (For Deadpool 2)

Predator, The (2018) (trailer D)   14A   May 16, 2018   1:34   20th Century Fox

Hollywood

Sweet!  ;D

Probably a red band trailer.

Jacku

Quote from: ace3g on May 18, 2018, 03:07:29 PM
Well let's see if this trailer is different than the one that was released online.  Recently classified (For Deadpool 2)

What is a new teaser coming?

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ace3g on May 18, 2018, 03:07:29 PM

Let me get this straight Ace are you saying that there is a trailer for The Predator before Deadpool 2?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MudButt

I saw the Predator teaser before my screening of Deadpool 2. We probably won't get a new trailer until mid-July. Possible late June. Depends if they plan to released 1 or 2 more trailers. Fox usually likes to release a decent amount of trailers for their films so we might get two more. I'd imagine they want to release one sooner than later though since the response to this teaser wasn't very positive.

MudButt

Quote from: Actual Hybrid on May 18, 2018, 07:08:41 PM
Quote from: MudButt on May 18, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
I saw the Predator teaser before my screening of Deadpool 2. We probably won't get a new trailer until mid-July. Possible late June. Depends if they plan to released 1 or 2 more trailers. Fox usually likes to release a decent amount of trailers for their films so we might get two more. I'd imagine they want to release one sooner than later though since the response to this teaser wasn't very positive.

Shit.  Hoping for one around 2.5 min or more.  RSA does masterful trailers, one for Robin Hood was better than the actual film

I would be shocked if the next trailer isn't at least 2 or two and a half minutes long. They're going to definitely need to change the narrative around this movie and show more of the plot as well as some good action beats and introduce the overall tone of the movie. Otherwise the audience won't know what they are getting into.

CelticP

There will be more effects done by then.

MudButt

Yep, the movie is still 4 months away so they have plenty of VFX work to be done still. Plus they just finished up re-shoots/additional photography so that has to be edited and worked on as well. Remember, this movie was filmed with the idea that it would be released in Feb/March of this year. Then it was pushed back.

ace3g

ace3g

I'm sure the full trailer will show character pieces for each of the "Loonies".

https://twitter.com/JURASSICCERATO/status/997650453608316928

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed