New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,779 times)

Highland

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 21, 2020, 08:41:32 PM
A predator decked out in wolf pelts might be neat.

This is what I was getting at before. I think given the supposed timeline this movie works if the predators goal is to hunt like a human would hunt using the land.

I'm getting Cowboys and Aliens vibes if the Predator is going full tech against a bunch of Leather and spears.

Gr33n M4n

The protagonist could have revolvers and repeaters, since Mesoamerican tribes did trade with settlers.

Highland

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 21, 2020, 11:46:17 PM
The protagonist could have revolvers and repeaters, since Mesoamerican tribes did trade with settlers.

Still.....doesn't seem like the ultimate threat really does it. I see this movie trying to do a "wolverine" and move into the more grounded story's, which honestly is better.

razeak

It's simple. Focus on a good scipt and character development. Plug in any gender or whatever you want 2nd. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Ripley beat an alien with her brains. Sarah Connor crushed a Terminator using tenacity and brainpower. Dutch beat the predator using his wits and skills.  Rocky couldn't even beat Apollo, he just had to stay up.   Hell, Clarence Boddiker had Robocop helpless using intelligence. His testosterone and trying to go primal literally got him killed. Write stories like that.

An agenda shouldn't be the driving force. It does happen sometimes. It can be anything from "let's make it pg13" to " let's shit on men/women". The film suffers if story isn't the primary focus. I don't see how it's unreasonable to be a little apprehensive about that. On the flip side, the mere mention of Comanche woman shouldn't push one to assume too much at this point. It's more final girl trope, and that's fine too, and more than likely where it will go.

Nightmare Asylum

And what if the "agenda" is in service of the "story," which is an entirely plausible (and often effective) way to tackle narrative?

The Shuriken

When they say the movie has been worked in for the past 4 years. What exactly would that entail? Story boards, concept art, script writing and revisions?

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 10:31:31 PM
Would you post a pic? I'm on a potato phone and don't really keep up with vidya games.

The concept art that The Shuriken posted is a good idea of what the female design is in Hunting Grounds. But here is a more rendered one and the finalized ingame:

There is also three types: Scout, Hunter, Berserker , goes from weakest to strongest in terms of shape and size. Scouts are slim lined for speed, Hunter is blend of strength and speed, Berserker is husky and thicc as hell. The one Shuriken and I posted is the Hunter class.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 22, 2020, 12:00:38 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 10:31:31 PM
Would you post a pic? I'm on a potato phone and don't really keep up with vidya games.

The concept art that The Shuriken posted is a good idea of what the female design is in Hunting Grounds. But here is a more rendered one and the finalized ingame:

There is also three types: Scout, Hunter, Berserker , goes from weakest to strongest in terms of shape and size. Scouts are slim lined for speed, Hunter is blend of strength and speed, Berserker is husky and thicc as hell. The one Shuriken and I posted is the Hunter class.

Thanks. I think the larger hips can work well, still too much boob for my taste in preds, which is generally, it should be difficult or impossible for a layperson to identify the sex of a pred ie; they all resemble a large human male to some extent.

Lefty

I'm shocked they're moving forward so quickly with another movie, but I really like the sound of this so far. Not getting my hopes up but I've always wanted a simpler, stripped down predator film set in the past. There's a lot of potential, like a ton, of done well. Makes.le think of the Jungle Tales comic where the young man is off on his rite of passage, and returns to find his village butchered.

Like others have said the handling and design of the predator is really key, although I personally never want to see jungle hunter 2.0. I've enjoyed every design from P1, P2, and Predators 2010 as well.

If they do this film and it's brutal, simple, and treats the predator details well, I'm so on board.

Master

Well I'll be damn! I'm out of here for two days and the new film gets announced?

About female lead, I hope whole emancipation angle is  minimal and that we'll have Sarah Connor/ Ripley, strong yet vulnerable and flawed type, not another Rey Skywalker.

All things consider I'm super happy!  Let's roll!

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 22, 2020, 12:33:14 AM
Thanks. I think the larger hips can work well, still too much boob for my taste in preds, which is generally, it should be difficult or impossible for a layperson to identify the sex of a pred ie; they all resemble a large human male to some extent.

Oh something like the female Berserker class then?

It design muddled the guessing game of what's its gender a little more than the Hunter class design. Plus it helps sell the fact that the females are larger and stronger as it was said in many media.

Immortan Jonesy

All Predators in movies are girls. The females of their race are the equivalent of Schwarzenegger, because this is what a true woman of their species looks like. The little ones with curves are the real boys.

Big and tough = Female

Smaller and sexy = Male

Enjoy

The Comanche Indian was in New Mexico and two other states from what I have read. New Mexico is beautiful on film. Should look up Comanche Warrioir . We should see some good horsemanship  or womanship in this.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 22, 2020, 03:18:39 AM
All Predators in movies are girls. The females of their race are the equivalent of Schwarzenegger, because this is what a true woman of their species looks like. The little ones with curves are the real boys.

Big and tough = Female

Smaller and sexy = Male
That would be such a twist lol

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 21, 2020, 10:31:00 PMGive me Hunting Grounds female Preds or just don't do it.

A modest feminine form, but easily recognizable as a Predator, a good balance.

No.

Who would they have mammaries at all? Look at that f**king mouth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed