MovieWeb AvP Requiem Review

Started by Darkness, Dec 19, 2007, 05:29:50 PM

Author
MovieWeb AvP Requiem Review (Read 12,952 times)

Greenband

Greenband

"trailpimp | 19 Dec 2007 22:0943 How the hell did Movie web get to see the movie?  The word is that no press preview before the 25th "  I was just about to say that too! Is this faked? Or are they basing it off all the footage they have already seen. Cause lets face it, we have pretty much seen most of the movie already.

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

I consider 3.5/5 quite good. Certainly sounds like an improvement from the first AVP (which I'd personally rate 2.5/5). Bear in mind though, movies like these often get a mixed reaction from the audience. As far as I'm aware, 'Freddy Vs. Jason' was (mostly) praised by fans, but received mediocre (and occasionally poor) reviews from professional critics.  So yeah, I'm STILL watching this movie on X-mas!    ;)  

FreewayShark

FreewayShark

The point that we need to understand is that these kinds of movies aren't made to get great reviews from the critics. They are made to get great reviews from us, the fans. The Strause brothers didn't make this movie to win a bunch of oscars. They made it to satisfy us.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

i'm just not looking forward to overly done "ripley newt" immitations by reiko and that little girl. there was no need for that, imo.  whatever, i know it's going to be fun.  and i dont expect ANY good reviews from critics, that's why this review took me by suprise.  very honest review from someone that seems to be a fan....

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

it doesnt satisfy fans to "rehash" quotes from the older movies and "rehash" character relationships from the older movies.  there is absolutely no reason for that.  this is a new setting, with new people.  be original.  that's my point about this ripley/newt thing.  it's going to be distracting.

venomp2

venomp2

even if it is a ripley newt immitation, it makes a very good charcter development. so what if no one cares about the characters. there still needs to be good character development. by the way, maybe they took the "so called rehash" and made it original for this movie only. which is exactly what they did. the mom and daughter ARE related. ripley and newt were NOT. that's a big difference there.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

I also never listen to critics, I just go along and watch it for myself and make up my own mind if I like it. Face it, we all are different and not everyone will like the same movie. That's it. I liked AVP, alot didn't. Fine with me..

Shouldercannon

Shouldercannon

I totally agree with Wolfs Girl, the most important thing is whether us fans enjoy the film and have a good time while watching it. Sometimes the critics are just absurd in their criticism, what do they expect of AVP-R? Like it would be "Citizen Kane" or the "English Patient", come on, give me a break.

losis13

losis13

f**k aliens they suck   ;D     ;D   witch tipe predator is wolf my gess he is orbitron pred cas he has some pretty good skils but he stil isnt beter than elder pred   >:D     >:D  

Deco

Deco

Ripley/Newt immitation....  So a movie cant have a Mother and daughter in it anymore just because it was in Aliens?   Gimme a break. I review movies and I have no respect for a critic that reveals the ending (Of which I didnt read)

trailpimp

trailpimp

Why are we already apologizing the first movie review, with the fact that this is a horror movie?  Sigourney Weaver was nominated for a Best Actress Academy Award for portraying Ripley in Aliens, didn't She? Didn't Arnold's character in Predator still ressonates in the present as one of the most striking roles of his career? I'm going to see the movie because of beeing a fan, but that don't mean i have to too look to the side when the human characters portrayed aren't strong or well performed!! It was always the dynamic interaction between monters and humans that build this franchises. If I wanted to see guys in a suit I would be heading to the nearest circus or wrestlemania!

Shouldercannon

Shouldercannon

No one is apolgizing for anything trailpimp, it's just there are people out there that don't have an independent ability to judge a film's merits by themselves and have to rely on what the "critics" say to make up their minds. So it's best to watch the flick first and judge for ourselves whether it is a good horror and action flick or a "Godzilla v.s King Kong monster in suit" type of b-movie.

trailpimp

trailpimp

What you (shoulder canoon) said it's true, but it's incredible how some people is highly argumentative when it comes to defend this FOX product called AVP requiem, using the aforementioned  arguments, but fail to be creative to follow naturaly by them selfs what you said. and my belief is that even after the movie screening, if the movie is what the general opinion might call a flop (like AVP), there still will be people saying that "it was a lot of fun" knowing that the experience was devoid of any real content, just because they wanted so badly to see this creatures, by any means, back in the silver screen again. I remember that it was its original silverscreen quality that build such a following. Let's hope theat AVP R delivers...

revility

revility

It looks like their aim has been doing just aliens and predators duking it out with a decent reason to do so.  The humans are just cannon fodder.  If you go into the movie with hopes of just seeing some cool avp action, then you'll prob enjoy it allot more than somebody expecting deep human characters.  I remember allot of the same things being said about predator when it came out, yet the characters still turned out to be a dynamic and memorable bunch.  If that is what this movie turns out to be in the end, but is still fun ride and does well... then there is no more excuses why they don't hire some good writers for avp3.  the humans are what made the first pred flick so memorable, same with alien and aliens.  If avp3 were done in space with marines in it, the writing needs to be good if its to succeed without feeling like a corny sci-fi channel movie even more than avp2.  It would be really hard to pull off a simple slugfest in space without the modern day grit and looks to hide the simple plot and forgetfull characters.  I hope avp2 proves to fox that putting more money and getting some good actors and writers on board is needed to take this hybrid franchise to the level it deserves.  Avp prooved the people are interested in the idea, even if it was done badly.  Avp2 could prove that if visually done right, people will dig it more.  put a backbone in 3 and we could see this as one of the few franchises that actually got better with each sequal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed