Space News & Views

Started by Nostromo, Aug 27, 2016, 03:31:59 PM

Author
Space News & Views (Read 66,955 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Comparison is at 10 minutes, but maker of video says you can get better shots with smaller telescope if you track/take longer exposure/stitch pictures together.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/apr/03/string-theory-michio-kaku-aliens-god-equation-large-hadron-collider

QuoteYou believe that within a century we will make contact with an alien civilisation. Are you worried about what they may entail?
Soon we'll have the Webb telescope up in orbit and we'll have thousands of planets to look at, and that's why I think the chances are quite high that we may make contact with an alien civilisation. There are some colleagues of mine that believe we should reach out to them. I think that's a terrible idea. We all know what happened to Montezuma when he met Cortés in Mexico so many hundreds of years ago. Now, personally, I think that aliens out there would be friendly but we can't gamble on it. So I think we will make contact but we should do it very carefully.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

There's also a theory that we'll discover dead alien civilasations.
For someone like me with an interest in archeology and aliens/ufos, a find like that would be da beezneez.
I hope I live long enough to see that day.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

If there are dead civilizations all over the place and with the fact we could become one, suddenly the universe seems quite gothic. I can get with that theme.  :P

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

One of the ideas behind the theory is that there are or were civilizations like ours, because there are so many Earth like planets in this universe (and others). And either they destroy themselves at some point in their history, or they evolve and progress enough so they're able to explore other planets.

SM

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

90 years and astronaut, what a life  :o R.I.P

This should be addressed in a movie again  8)

AliceApocalypse

Shinawi

Shinawi

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

I hope and wonder if I'll ever get to see pictures or footage of one of those Earth like planets.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed