Quote from: Moody on Jun 22, 2010, 08:47:29 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 22, 2010, 08:39:50 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 22, 2010, 08:05:18 PM
Roar should be thesame.

Why?

No two people sound the same.

Why should all Preds sound the same?

Cause lions do sound the same.

I'm with moody on this one. I don't mind a bit of tweaking for the super pred's roar... maybe a bit more gurgling or so... but as soon as it is heard, it should remind you of the roar Dutch heard when in the swamp, otherwise it ain't gonna be good enough for me.

I have absolutely no problem with it sounding similar.

But, Moody wants it to be EXACTLY the same.  And that's ridiculous.

Cause it's the best sound and can't be improved uppon IMO. Besides they used the sound in the trailer so I am hoping it will be in the final movie...

blackheart402963

blackheart402963

Yeah I've missed the pred roar, I haven't heard it in a long time, when I was playing the new AVP, they didn't have in there, and I was like WTF?

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quotewhen I was playing the new AVP, they didn't have in there, and I was like WTF?

Same here, I couldn't believe that they took most sound samples from AvP 2 and none of the original  >:(

bleau

bleau

The roar will probably be a little different, maybe louder. If it is the same then I wont care.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

it's just a sound geeesh lol

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

One that's instantly recognizable.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Would Godzilla be the same without his signature roar? No.
Same applies to the Predator.

Dajanksta

Dajanksta

I don't recognize the predator by its UNIQUE roar. But that's just me. I like the roar but I wouldn't really care if its altered.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What if they replaced it with a Pig Squeal? I bet no one would think it's the same anymore.

creature creator

creature creator

:D look out! its pred-bear-pigg!!!

JB

G0rt

G0rt

The roar is the original, the best and most badass. p2 roars were cool and such too (avp, avpr, bah...). But as this movie is a try to reboot and bring interest of the viewers back, it has to have the original roar. Has to. Bsp can have different of course, even Classic can have new type of roar as well. But only with the original.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvP's Roar wasn't that bad come on.

creature creator

creature creator

i thought it was pretty good i mean the only thing that bothered me was the face when he makes the roar sound  :'(

JB

Nihil

Nihil

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 26, 2010, 05:58:21 PM
What if they replaced it with a Pig Squeal? I bet no one would think it's the same anymore.

I mentioned this earlier but I read somewhere years ago that the preds roar
is actually a wild boar. I googled it but only found a bunch of MP3's.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 26, 2010, 05:49:42 PM
Would Godzilla be the same without his signature roar? No.
Same applies to the Predator.

Again, a silly argument as Godzill is ALWAYS Godzilla.

There aren't 3 other Godzilla type creatures running around that are completely different creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed