David Woodruff Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2015, 10:33:17 PM

Author
David Woodruff Talks Alien 5 (Read 43,448 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 23, 2015, 10:48:24 AMThe Res-aliens really lack those aspects; they feel kinda aimless and it feels like they just happen to run into people now and then, even though it's probably not the directors intention.

That's actually a really good point, now that you mention it... You never get the impression the survivors on the Auriga are being hunted. They just occasionally (like, twice) bump into some Aliens. What are the things doing all the rest of that time?

Corporal Hicks

Setting up their hive in the waste storage.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2015, 11:16:07 AM
Setting up their hive in the waste storage.
So in an alien outbreak you have 12 hours to get the f**k out of the area?

The Queen did have Ripley's DNA inside of her... probably making her more human bitchy than usual, she was also pregnant, hell she had one bring Ripley to her to watch the birth. What the f**k was up with that? Was she just gloating in Ripley's face? Like ha ha, check out my baby maker I got from you or did the queen accept her as a fellow alien? Surely the plan was to laugh at her and then facehug... no wait, no more eggs... eat her?

ooohhhh that's right, she was not making any eggs... there was no reason to round up the silly humans as hosts. So the aliens pretty much just hung out at the hive. That's it eh.

Though of course there were those eggs in the trap where they swam into the two aliens in the flooded mess hall... that was probably all the eggs pre-baby maker. That other alien was probably just on it's way to the hive and got lost. Just like Fifield did. So perhaps the other aliens were carrying the eggs there and opening the pipes to herded them to that room. No one ever appreciates the behind the scene teamwork.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 21, 2015, 06:15:36 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 20, 2015, 11:31:03 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 20, 2015, 11:29:09 PMNo they don't.

Alien 3 quite blatantly says they do.

And the faults with the later movies is more the actual designs rather than the execution, and we've no idea to what extent they had those dictated to them.

No, it doesn't. Woodruff and Gillis much like a certain director/producer who will remain unmentioned, do quite fine when they are reigned in and told in very exacting terms what is needed and what is not. When they're allowed to have free reign on "improving" already established designs, they suck gangrenous donkey balls. A:R was their show, and we got a fat albino hermaphrodite with scurvy and Giger's design turned into literal melted cheese.

No thanks.

There was a video interview I saw with them recently where they say their reasoning for the AR look is that the alien has human DNA mixed in with it so it should appear to be more smooth. I buy that - but ti doesn't mean the design is interesting or good though.

Corporal Hicks

http://geektyrant.com/news/badass-make-up-test-photos-for-corporal-hicks-in-new-alien-film

A f**k tonne of more pictures of this:

And a load of Woodruff's in that last picture.

...I really wanna see Biehn look like this.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Please ADI, if you work on this- do Giger's biomechanics justice.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 06, 2015, 10:43:06 AM
Please ADI, if you work on this- do Giger's biomechanics justice.

If that's what Neill tells them to do, I have every confidence they can do it.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Yeah you can't really have ago at these guys for the badness of the films, ADI are just told what to do. You can't ignore their talent, especially if it was put to good use rather than used to make designs of Aliens and Predators that fans don't like.

For the Resurrection thing, I can accept the human dna mix explanation making them smooth, especially since it should have only been a one time thing since its limited to that particular breed but then AVP and its sequel came along and used fleshy design.

If ADI works on Alien 5 which I have no problem with, I hope they try and go back to the original giger design, either dome or ridged, perhaps both to show evolution.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

They are clearly willing to listen. Wolf is a far superior Predator design when compared to Scar/Celtic/Gills.

T Dog

T Dog

FANFIC!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 06, 2015, 12:46:30 PM
FANFIC!

Is that really necessary?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 06, 2015, 12:38:16 PM
They are clearly willing to listen. Wolf is a far superior Predator design when compared to Scar/Celtic/Gills.

I agree...still dislike that predator though but thats due to his behavior not his appearance which was back to standards more or less. ADI do need to be bit more vocal when asked to do something, they should be like "no, Aliens are supposed to be bio-mechanic, this design flies in the face of that, we need to make it more like the orginal". Of course the problem is that the studio is the one with the power sadly and they like to cut corners and be lazy, so suits are re-used...bad suits. plus I am pretty sure ADI need to eat so they would have do their job no matter what, kinda sad really because despite the films they had to work, they are very talented and the blame should not be placed on their shoulders, I keep seeing people on here going "no ADI for Alien 5" when its directors and studio that made the design choices.

I think Niell might go the bio-mechanical route...hopefully.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Hmm, still think the Hicks facial damage is a tad O.T.T to be honest...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I can agree with that since I doubt much acid got on to his face, after the attack his face and ear looked fine except maybe his cheek.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

One thing to consider is that acid is very deceptive though, in terms of how much damage it does over time. Initial damage can grow worse over a matter of hours. Same of any burns, really. They tend to look a lot worse with time. Remember, Hicks gave himself a pain shot before Ripley went into the hive, and then Bishop gave him another one (and had already bandaged his face if I recall correctly.)

I wouldn't put too much stock into these shots. They are done more to show off their makeup and lighting talent. All that stuff is just bits they had lying around.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 23, 2015, 11:40:34 AM
So in an alien outbreak you have 12 hours to get the f**k out of the area?

The Queen did have Ripley's DNA inside of her... probably making her more human bitchy than usual, she was also pregnant, hell she had one bring Ripley to her to watch the birth. What the f**k was up with that? Was she just gloating in Ripley's face? Like ha ha, check out my baby maker I got from you or did the queen accept her as a fellow alien? Surely the plan was to laugh at her and then facehug... no wait, no more eggs... eat her?

ooohhhh that's right, she was not making any eggs... there was no reason to round up the silly humans as hosts. So the aliens pretty much just hung out at the hive. That's it eh.

Though of course there were those eggs in the trap where they swam into the two aliens in the flooded mess hall... that was probably all the eggs pre-baby maker. That other alien was probably just on it's way to the hive and got lost. Just like Fifield did. So perhaps the other aliens were carrying the eggs there and opening the pipes to herded them to that room. No one ever appreciates the behind the scene teamwork.

In the original script the aliens were doing something to the queen as I recall. Bathing her in blood or something. Gediman said something about them draining him of blood. The Newborn in the script was actually vampiric. Ripley was intended to be a snack for the creature, too. (There was none of that emotional bullshit like in the movie.)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed