'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman

Started by ikarop, Apr 26, 2012, 09:47:17 PM

Author
'Not One Frame' Of Prometheus Will Be Cut Says Tom Rothman (Read 35,001 times)

mastermoon

This has to be Rated-R well not hard over the top like AVPR.

I hope next week they confirm the rating.

fiveways

Quote from: mastermoon on May 04, 2012, 10:33:56 PM
This has to be Rated-R well not hard over the top like AVPR.

I hope next week they confirm the rating.

It won't be at all like AvP:R.  Mostly because nothing can be as bad, film wise, as AvP:R.  Worst movie ever made IMO.

Magegg

Quote from: fiveways on May 05, 2012, 12:28:59 AMIt won't be at all like AvP:R.  Mostly because nothing can be as bad, film wise, as AvP:R.  Worst movie ever made IMO.

In my opinion, AvP is much worse than AvP:R.

RoaryUK

"I can assure the fans—I'm very aware of their concern—absolutely they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way.  So if that means that the film is R, then it'll be an R.  If it's PG-13, then it'll be a PG-13, but it will not be compromised."

.....man, by showing us potentially R rated material then talking about the film possibly being a PG-13, you're compromising it already.  What a w***er this guy really is!!!

Zenzucht

How can we know if anything was cut when nobody saw anything..

RoaryUK

Quote from: Zenzucht on May 07, 2012, 07:34:39 AM
How can we know if anything was cut when nobody saw anything..

We can't but I bet he does, and that's the gag isn't it. We won't know til the Blu Ray version comes out, so for him there's no need to really answer the question, because he knows the answer is which ever version he decides, thereby staying true to his word.   

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 07, 2012, 04:53:46 AM
"I can assure the fans—I'm very aware of their concern—absolutely they can take it that the film will not be compromised either way.  So if that means that the film is R, then it'll be an R.  If it's PG-13, then it'll be a PG-13, but it will not be compromised."

.....man, by showing us potentially R rated material then talking about the film possibly being a PG-13, you're compromising it already.  What a w***er this guy really is!!!

Typical weasel; using a lot of words to say a lot of f**k all.

Gash

Yes, but we've seen a non-bloody (just muddy) version of the trailer, and the latest trailer in which the claret has been re-instated, so I'd hope that's an indicator that the original vision is the one they're going with.

No doubt, even if it is R/18, they'll be a stronger edit down the line just to cash in. It's happened before. 'Too strong for cinema' etc. In the era of DVD and Blu-Ray it's almost a given that an alternate take will appear, probably overseen by Ridley but not necessarily endorsed by him (if he gets the edit he wants now).

JKS1

Quote from: Magegg on May 05, 2012, 12:53:56 AM
Quote from: fiveways on May 05, 2012, 12:28:59 AMIt won't be at all like AvP:R.  Mostly because nothing can be as bad, film wise, as AvP:R.  Worst movie ever made IMO.

What ??!!

Youre kidding right ?

Mastes1

Quote from: Magegg on May 05, 2012, 12:53:56 AM

Yep i agree, both films are pretty bad imo but AVPR was more like the orig films with gore, bad language, Predator acting like a Predator, music lifted right from the films etc, it wasn't watered down shit like the first film.

OpenMaw

...There is infinitely more craftsmanship in the first AvP film. There's at least an attempt at something resembling an overarching plot and story. An attempt at being competent. An attempt at balancing the creatures.

AvPR ... Oh forget it. This stuff doesn't belong here.

R does not equal good and the mass reaction to AvPR is proof of that.

Deuterium

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 08, 2012, 03:26:13 AM
...There is infinitely more craftsmanship in the first AvP film. There's at least an attempt at something resembling an overarching plot and story. An attempt at being competent. An attempt at balancing the creatures.

AvPR ... Oh forget it. This stuff doesn't belong here.

R does not equal good and the mass reaction to AvPR is proof of that.

And let's not forget, as far as the first AvP film, an attempt at actual lighting...so we can at least see what the f**k is going on.   ;D

GreatKnower

If not one frame will be cut, what is the 20 mins of deleted scenes being advertised for the Blu Ray? ???

OpenMaw

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 01:06:10 AM
If not one frame will be cut, what is the 20 mins of deleted scenes being advertised for the Blu Ray? ???

Well, see, it's word games. Not one frame was cut... Whole scenes were. :)

Virgil

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 01:06:10 AM

Have I missed something? You wouldn't happen to have a link with this information?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed