Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 391,731 times)

Corporal Hicks

Just under 24 hours left to get in on the competition!

Corporal Hicks

And we have our winners! They are Tracy Williams and Joseph Guilar! Emails have been sent requesting shipping addresses.

Eldritch_DM

Congrats to the winners!!  :D

SiL

Hot diggity daffodil.

Corporal Hicks

Mr. Clemens

Man, what a paint job. If I didn't know better, I'd think that model was 8" tall...  :o

Eldritch_DM

Wait?! Did they say this was a new unit? Another 3-man unit like the youngbloods or a single model? Either way, it looks awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, it's a new unit. I think I saw it got mentioned in the new expansion rules. I haven't read them through myself yet.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2019, 08:58:49 AM
Yeah, it's a new unit. I think I saw it got mentioned in the new expansion rules. I haven't read them through myself yet.

YESS! Awesome. I love how Prodos is going all out with expansions for this game. I wanna see some wild and crazy things. Truth be told, I need to get on the ball with my painting... I've got so many models to paint and I preordered the hot zone expansion too.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, same. My units to be painted are mounting up. I've just not been in the mood.  :-\

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 22, 2019, 08:30:41 AM
Yeah, same. My units to be painted are mounting up. I've just not been in the mood.  :-\

Don't end up like me guys, while they aren't minis from this game I have all these Warhammer skeletons to finish...and this isn't even including the ghost part of the army

Part of the reason I haven't bought any of these kits yet is because I don't want to add more to the painting pile  :laugh: :'(

The Kurgan

The struggle is real.
If Iam honest with myself, my warhammer/AvP/LotR pile could easily last for the entirety of 2019.

So it's hand off new stuff for me too :(

Eldritch_DM

I usually buy more than what I can paint at a time but I'm pretty prolific when it comes to painting, considering I paint on a semi-professional level. I play Warmachine/Hordes and that's led me to liking mini games and I paint my friends models and stuff for a fair price.

A challenge for me has been painting all my Aliens consistently in the same style and I find irregularities in some models sometimes but I guess that's not a bad thing.

SiL

Finally got to play the game properly.

Did two play-throughs of the first mission. Marines and Aliens turned into a slaughterhouse in one corner of the map leaving the Predators to play cleanup and win the game. Predator player never got a scratch on them; marines couldn't complete a single objective.

Second playthrough, one Predator dead by turn 2 or 3 and the other one down to one wound; marine player got a few lucky dice and card combos and managed to complete their objectives before I could run them down as the Aliens.

Really enjoyed it! Had to download some quickstart guides cos holy shit the rules are laid out in the worst way, but other than that, it was fun.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 30, 2019, 06:10:22 AM
Really enjoyed it! Had to download some quickstart guides cos holy shit the rules are laid out in the worst way, but other than that, it was fun.

Can you share those, please?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed