Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,772 times)

Eldritch_DM

Got an email from Prodos this morning saying my Hot Zone order was preparing for shipping. So that debunks the January 21st rumor someone saw.

SiL

Going to try to actually play this thing tonight -- but I'll have to test out the solo rules.

The Kurgan

I want to buy some bare heads for my USCM officers and synthetic from a third party manufacturer.
Anybody got any idea which manufacturer does matching heads? Scale, style etc.

JokersWarPig

You could try the Cadian trooper heads from Warhammer 40k.

The Kurgan

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 28, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
You could try the Cadian trooper heads from Warhammer 40k.

Tried that and some of the command squad are fitting. Still not perfect, but i will use them if i don't find something better.

SiL

I tried playing all three species at once. Obviously the tactics were largely non-existent (it's hard to keep track of three decks of strat cards -- who knew!), but I was pleasantly surprised by the Aliens not being completely torn to pieces before getting their claws into people.

Corporal Hicks

They're actually quite hard to hit when they're on infested tiles. Otherwise, got to use the Runners and the speed boost cards to rush in and engage until the slower units can get in the mix too.

Still Collating...

A recorded playthrough of the game would be pretty sweet...  ;)

Eldritch_DM

I need to read the updated rules. I haven't played since the 1st Ed rules.  :-\

Can't get any of my friends to play. They're not real fans of the rules. So I've just spent all my time painting them lol.

I saw where Prodos released a hardcover rule-book. Is that the updated rules or something else?

The Kurgan

I don't know about the hardcover book, but maybe you could just use some different skirmish sized wargame rules and use them for the minis ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 30, 2018, 07:08:44 PM
A recorded playthrough of the game would be pretty sweet...  ;)

It's something Shevvie and I have talked about. Just not too sure on how to edit it together.

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 30, 2018, 07:36:44 PM

Can't get any of my friends to play. They're not real fans of the rules. So I've just spent all my time painting them lol.

I saw where Prodos released a hardcover rule-book. Is that the updated rules or something else?

The second edition was a much better improvement on the first. The hardback book was for the Wargame rules. But all mode rules are available for download on their website.

SiL

If there's interest I'd be happy to film a series of videos about setup, basic rules, going through a complete game turn, special and mission rules, etc.

There's a good video on YouTube where someone has just set up a super simple hallway with all three factions and goes through the basics of gameplay.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Badwolf-00 on Dec 30, 2018, 07:36:44 PM

QuoteThe second edition was a much better improvement on the first. The hardback book was for the Wargame rules. But all mode rules are available for download on their website.

Oh nice. Thanks Hicks. Have you tried the Wargame rules?

Still Collating...

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2018, 10:40:03 PM
If there's interest I'd be happy to film a series of videos about setup, basic rules, going through a complete game turn, special and mission rules, etc.

That'd be awesome! I cannot really afford to go down that rabbit hole of starting to collect these (cause I won't be able to stop), but I really do like seeing playthroughs of these table top games, and sadly there are very little of them so far.

Wweyland

Finally ordered the Colonial Marines pack during the Christmas sale, will be picking it up from the post office tomorrow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed