Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread

Started by OpenMaw, Jun 03, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

Author
Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread (Read 33,022 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Adventure from 1980 had a randomizer mode. The dragons, keys, magic sword, all of it was never in the same place, creating huge replay value. It had the first Easter egg too!

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2020, 04:27:56 PM
Honestly wasn't expecting that for a game of this age.

This is what I like about this game. Simple solutions put together but work great. I have wished after playing it that we would get more games like this one in the future but it was usually something more linear.

The Old One

The Old One

Creativity without much resources often creates great solutions.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is there any logic to the vent layouts?

The Old One

The Old One

Is there ever?  :D

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 08:19:08 AM
Is there any logic to the vent layouts?

No, they are just made the way to make you feel lost and not all of them are interconnected with each other, but I recommend not using any internet/magazine guides if you enjoy it.

Have you got a motion tracker and pulse rifle (the latter available at more than one place)?

What is your opinion about the game so far?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm enjoying it for what it is. Finding it a little on the tougher side like I do older games. Do I need to venture to the other levels to get what I need before doing everything on sub-level 4?

No motion tracker or pulse rifle yet though.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 01:58:05 PM
I'm enjoying it for what it is. Finding it a little on the tougher side like I do older games. Do I need to venture to the other levels to get what I need before doing everything on sub-level 4?

No motion tracker or pulse rifle yet though.

My approach to it was always to get the rifle and tracker first then following clues from terminal logs and finding higher access cards. One advantage with Phoenix is that you can make freeze save states so there are less worries like with a native save option in the game which randomly respawns enemies and supplies with some exceptions. I remember having levels layout so memorized that I could finish the Marine campaign in one go without saving states.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Are the vent layouts always the same too?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 02:19:24 PM
Are the vent layouts always the same too?

Yes, all base levels, ships and airducts layouts are always the same.

The Old One

The Old One

To be expected with the size of the file.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 10, 2020, 05:16:57 PM
To be expected with the size of the file.

The size was not an issue, they had levels layouts generated procedurally at some point in development but it did not work for setting up electronically locked doors, computer terminals, key items to collect etc. and levels were not distinctive enough. If you look at layouts drawings, each map is in a proper shape e.g. a Predator ship layout outline looks like the ship.

The Old One

The Old One

Okay, I understand.

Trioxin

Trioxin

I had a Jaguar and a ton of games when I was younger my old man gave them to me. This game among them many time I tried to play. was too hard for me back then I was always playing blue lightning and pitfall.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Am I being thick here? I went into the elevator outside the brig and managed to get to Sub-Level 1 but I can't seem to get it to go back up  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed