Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 122,348 times)

Corporal Hicks

You certainly did!  :P If it stays this good, I think it's on its way to being the best of the Titan books.

SM

SM

As much as I enjoyed the other books - yeah I think this one is the best.

Ultramorph

Glad to hear it's a good novel. Can't wait for this and Dust to Dust!

TheBATMAN

I read the preview and...

Spoiler
I take it there's an explanation as to why the company seemingly has Alien eggs at the cold forge facility in 2179 shortly after the events at Hadley's Hope?
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Hicks, in the preview we see them
Spoiler
experimenting on a chimp. Do we get any animal hybrid xenos?
[close]

Russ840

This is sounding good.

Perfect-Organism

I was half off the Alien train till I read these positive reviews.  Now I'm intreagued..  guess I'll have to get this..

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 22, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Spoiler
I take it there's an explanation as to why the company seemingly has Alien eggs at the cold forge facility in 2179 shortly after the events at Hadley's Hope?
[close]

Spoiler
Not so far but the characters do comment on them not knowing where the hell these things came from. That said, I'm that invested in the story that I've yet to really care about this.
[close]

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 22, 2018, 04:55:52 PM
Hicks, in the preview we see them
Spoiler
experimenting on a chimp. Do we get any animal hybrid xenos?
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, it's mentioned that they differ from the drawing/footage that they'd been sent with the eggs.
[close]

Ultramorph

Huggs

Huggs

This is awesome news. Just went over and pre-ordered it. Can't wait to dive in.

SM

SM

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 22, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There isn't.  It's dealt with in an off hand way that surprisingly works.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I woke up this morning to finish the book off before work. I already want to start rereading it. I really really enjoyed it. If you reduce it to its very basic plot it sounds like your typical Aliens mad scientist story. But Alex White just turns it all on its head. It's the most original Alien story for a long time.

The characters are all interesting - even if they're not likeable. His villain is just so f**king horrendous that I just wanted to reach into the page and smash his head in myself (in a way that his writing as so great at doing that). His "hero" is not so much a hero but also really interesting. What he does with the Alien is also a very nice twist and something actually new. I really loved this.

HuDaFuK

I'm so f*cking behind with the books, but it sounds like this is an essential buy.

Corporal Hicks

Also of note - this book is present tense. I can't recall any others that are. Were any in Bug Hunt?

Russ840

Started it this morning. Man. That dude at the beginning. What a c%#t lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed