Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 917,090 times)

The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 08, 2019, 09:41:35 AM
I'll have to look that up, cheers!

And yeah, the idea of a more exploration-focused Sonic game could have been brilliant. There's already a lot of scope for it in the main games, but you're not particularly rewarded for it as a single mishap loses all the rings you've found. The dynamic could be improved by making the pickups more persistent - having shields stack in your inventory rather than replace each other, being able to use invulnerability/speed upgrades whenever you want rather than just when hitting the monitor. With a proper inventory system, there's more incentive to scour the levels.

Eh, I'm probably thinking about this too much.

Sounds a little like what was done in Super Mario World and several other games, being able to hold a power up in reserve.

A somewhat similar game that I liked in the day was Claymates for the SNES.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Brother let me borrow his Xbox 360 copy of Red Dead Redemption so I'm going back to 2010 at 25 fps to be a cowboy again.  :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Currently finishing up War for Cybertron.

As soon as I get that done, I'll be putting the console in storage for a month or two, to see what life is like without it for a while. If I don't miss it, I may just go ahead and sell everything now instead of waiting for the console to die on its own someday.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

>:(

Wysps

Wysps

Working on Prestige'ing my Field Medic in Killing Floor 2. 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 11, 2019, 05:15:24 AM
>:(

Oh I love it.

This is wonderful.

One less thing to dust and that takes up room and free time.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Time to power through your backlog of ammo now?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 12, 2019, 11:31:25 PM
Time to power through your backlog of ammo now?

Actually yes.  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why the sudden urge to divest yourself of material possessions?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 14, 2019, 06:46:49 AM
Why the sudden urge to divest yourself of material possessions?

I was a minimalist for most of my life up until about 2 years ago. Things got a tad bit stressful, and I lost some of my willpower. Now I have it back.

A person can get tired of having to spend so much time cleaning, organizing and storing so many things they either don't really need or honestly never use. I like my money, clean space, and peace of mind. A user friendly way of life, is just the way I prefer it.

I'm getting rid of the things I don't truly value, to make room in my life for the things I actually do.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Or you could go for something like this...

Huggs

Huggs

I hope it's insured.

Someday a flood, fire, or a burglary is going to take all of that away.

For seriously, Emulators bro.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The only physical media I own is a copy of Batman: Arkham Origins, and that's only because they refuse to make it a digital download for some reason.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 14, 2019, 11:01:54 PM
The only physical media I own is a copy of Batman: Arkham Origins, and that's only because they refuse to make it a digital download for some reason.

That might be due to some kind of dispute.

Wasn't that one handled by a different developer? I've got it but I can't remember for certain.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, it was developed by WB Montreal instead of Rocksteady.  At least it was made backward compatible, but Rocksteady treats it like the stepchild of the series so it was never included in the Return to Arkham remaster.

It was definitely a cash grab, but I thought it was quite good anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed