Why hasn't a synthetic been hosted yet?

Started by Bishop David Ash, Apr 26, 2023, 03:31:34 AM

Author
Why hasn't a synthetic been hosted yet? (Read 2,435 times)

Bishop David Ash

The Alien Cinematic Universe has shown humans, animals, and Engineers being hosted. I think it's time a facehugger latches itself to a synthetic. Imagine the Xenomorph that it would produce...

BlueMarsalis79

It would produce nothing, as per Prometheus and the Alex White Alien novels anyway.

SiL

Even early drafts of Alien say Ash was put on board because the Alien wouldn't be interested in him.

judge death

That plus all games and comics and movies etc have made it clear xenomorphs can only infect living beings so synthetics cant gestate their young so they are ignored by the xenos unless they pose a threat.

Wweyland

I think the closest we have gotten is the android Elden being infected by Black Goo in Fire and Stone.
But that is already a contradiction as David wasn't infected by it in Prometheus.

bobby brown

Imagine if they infected a powerloader! :o

Kradan

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 26, 2023, 02:13:29 PMI think the closest we have gotten is the android Elden being infected by Black Goo in Fire and Stone.
But that is already a contradiction as David wasn't infected by it in Prometheus.

Elden was some sort of "meat android" IIRC so there's probably a biological component to him

On a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil

Wweyland

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 06:31:51 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 26, 2023, 02:13:29 PMI think the closest we have gotten is the android Elden being infected by Black Goo in Fire and Stone.

Elden was some sort of "meat android" IIRC so there's probably a biological component to him

On a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil
I imagine him swimming in Marmite

Kradan

And then served on a plate as a New Year's Eve snack ?

Spoiler
Btw, looks like Mr Bean dipped his head in some black goomarmite

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Covenant also makes it pretty clear with the lab they are not interested in Androids.

Wweyland

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 28, 2023, 05:18:43 AMAnd then served on a plate as a New Year's Eve snack ?

Spoiler
Btw, looks like Mr Bean dipped his head in some black goomarmite

[close]
Do turkeys ever get that large or is it Black Goo infected?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 06:31:51 PMOn a related note, given that David is unaffected by the goo I think there's a potential for some great visuals. Imagine naked Fassbender swimming in a pool of oil

I can actually totally see this scene happening if Ridley Scott had the opportunity to make a sequel to Covenant. It'd be a modified version of the pathogen of course, David's own design, as he basks intimately in his creation of pure organic chaos to something classical like 'Entry of the gods into Valhalla' 😄

Xenomrph

I see Elden as being essentially a Blade Runner style Replicant with the serial numbers filed off.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 29, 2023, 12:14:12 AM

I see Elden as being essentially a Blade Runner style Replicant with the serial numbers filed off.

Does that mean he's still canon along with the accelerant and the rest of Fire & Stone?

Xenomrph

Hey, sure, why not

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed