question about the plasmacasters

Started by pred_alien, Oct 07, 2007, 05:57:13 AM

Author
question about the plasmacasters (Read 1,557 times)

pred_alien

pred_alien

do they have or run out of ammo???

because if they the dont have ammo wolf could kill alot of aliens from a distance with 2 casters

The Chibi Kiriyama

It doesn't seem as though they emit/eject a finite element, though they can definitely be broken and it doesn't seem to rapid-fire.

Ballzanya

Quote from: pred_alien on Oct 07, 2007, 05:57:13 AM
do they have or run out of ammo???

because if they the dont have ammo wolf could kill alot of aliens from a distance with 2 casters

i don't think they necessarily have "ammo" in the conventional sense. But i'd assume they do run out of power at one point, which then can be recharged in his ship or replaced altogether like batteries. A predator probably can't just keep using it since it takes away resources from his other gear, like vision modes..etc and would drain too much energy.

Hudson

Hudson

Sort of basing it on the games engergy system, they probably run on some sort of battery that needs to be recharged. 

Huol

Huol

It's probably a battery that has to recharge.
But it damn well isn't like concrete jungle.
That pissed me off "oh you have to absorb electricity from generators on the wall... HUMAN GENERATORS"
Stupid.

Hey 1000 posts! :3

megachu17

predators should hav a machine-gun styled, sholder mounted weapon for mowing down a group of aliens

Night Killer

Night Killer

That would be something like the predator military.  That's who the pred's should have sent, predator marines. 8)

Thedus

Thedus

They would operate off of a power cell so that gas could be properly ionized to create plasma.  Assuming there is no projectile being hurled out with the gas no ammo would be needed - just a  source of energy.  But once the power cell was drained, or dropped below use-able output levels the weapon would stop functioning.

But if they had a rapid firing weapon that would take the challenge and honor out of the hunt.

ddrdgs1

ddrdgs1

Actually seeing on how intelegently bad ass they are I'm sure they designed them to last a long long time guys. Video games do not explain everything. 

Corporal Hicks

It uses magnetic fields to shape and guide the plasma bolts. Battery powers both.

Xenomorphine

We don't even know if they're actually plasma. All we can say is that they're DEWs ('Direct Energy Weapons'). Plasma is notoriously difficult to get to shoot in a straight path, if not impossible, which makes me think that they could be something else.

We are also devoid of any information about their method of power. If they've found some way for them it be more than 100% efficient, then they might not need to ever recharge.

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: Huol on Oct 07, 2007, 12:46:02 PM
That pissed me off "oh you have to absorb electricity from generators on the wall... HUMAN GENERATORS"

Electricity is electricity... to a Predator, a humie generator is probably like comparing an old timey water pump to an indoor faucet, but it still gets the job done

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 09, 2007, 08:18:07 AM
We don't even know if they're actually plasma. All we can say is that they're DEWs ('Direct Energy Weapons'). Plasma is notoriously difficult to get to shoot in a straight path, if not impossible, which makes me think that they could be something else.

We are also devoid of any information about their method of power. If they've found some way for them it be more than 100% efficient, then they might not need to ever recharge.

We know that the 'casters overheat and can even turn smoking red after a few shots, which means they probably do project plasma somehow.

James OCanis

Considering the amount of power the predators can carry around on their bodies, like, you know, wrist-mounted tactical nukes, I'm going to go ahead and assume that, for all intents and purposes, the plasmacaster will never run out of ammo.

Predator Cold War

I  think that is a spare bomb, in the predator cold war comic it is stated that the predators themselves give of radiation, it is more likely that the wrist computer acts as a detonator for the preds body to go thermal and self destruct. what you saw in Avp and Avp-r is a demmolition charge to blow up things like crashed predator ships and stuff.
also the fact that the pred in predator-2 did'nt go bang backs up this theory of mine, if it was a stand alone bomb it wouldnt have matered that is arm came of and would have dettonated anyways.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed