Fan Pictures of Predalien Queen

Started by Alien5, Sep 17, 2007, 12:39:14 AM

Author
Fan Pictures of Predalien Queen (Read 2,477 times)

cultistofvertigo

Quote from: Meathead320 on Sep 22, 2007, 02:13:36 AM
Quote from: cultistofvertigo on Sep 21, 2007, 11:38:13 PM
hi im new.

WHEW! Glad thats over with! On to the post:

There can't be a Predalien queen because the royal jelly overides any DNA reflex. Like, any. That's why there can't be a Dog Queen Alien either. I think there was a comic that had some wierd crossbreed of Alien in which the Queen DID mutate, but I never read it and so this is where my knowledge of hybrid Queens leaves off.

I like that Queen with the mandibles, though. THat's pretty nifty.

>:(

Another 25 cents for another Newb, who comes in and within his first 10 posts criticizes the idea of a PredAlien-Queen, and bases it off of all NON-canon material.

Comics, novels, and video games are NOT the source material (movies only) and are therefor NON-canon.

There is no in-movie evidence that Queens cannot vary from host types.

Royal Jelly alone is a 100% Non-Canon material.

For all we know the Queens phenotype is host dependant, at least to maintain a size advantage of being 3 times the height of the host species, and we have no proof that she cannot.

Especially when we consider that she is part of a species renowned for its adaptability.

What keeps the Alien species pure, as far as we can tell, and is evidenced by the PredAlien in AVP-R likely making eggs and being a PreQueen, is that the EGGS are the only pure aliens.

Meaning all eggs are laid (or made via "egg morphing" organic material) with a clean slate of fresh Alien DNA, and this Prevents genetic dissolution.

Otherwise Aliens Descended from the AVP-R PredAlien (which will likely be making eggs, even if not a true mature Queen), would show Pred Characteristics, even if from a human host, which as we have seen from previews is not the case.

In other words, the Eggs are all the same, but Queens and other Adult Aliens can vary in appearance, until proven they cannot.

So the directors of a movie AVP-R have already stated that the PredAlien is going to serve the same purpose as a Queen (possibly being a young Queen), and she has a Queen like head as well, with the Tri Pronged flattened "spade shaped" head crest, characteristic seen only on Queens.

Likely the reproductive cells of the Aliens are not effected by the host, even if the general morphology of the alien's form is.

Thats pretty close-minded. NON-CANON doesnt mean that it never happened, even if you put it in all caps. It means that some people like to ignore things. I don't. There are lots of contradictions, yes, but from what your telling me, it certainly isnt all Dark Horse's fault. If the work of everyone else besides five people is ignored than things like this happen. But, as far as I knew, the concept of royal jelly came much earlier than right now. Therefore, it should hold sway. That a couple of guys nobody has heard of before dont think so is hardly my problem, I havent been ignoring parts of the franchise I dont like. In fact, what makes AvP2 Canon anyways? I thought only the alien movies were canon, meaning, you know, not anything AvP. Therefore, any argument you just made is void.

In all reality, though, the only thing that actually seperates canon from non-canon is picky little fanboys like you. My first post here and all I get is an agrument about "what counts" in a COMPLETELY FICTIONAL UNIVERSE! You can have your ideas of what matters but you dont need to push that crap on people like it makes a damn bit of difference. There are better ways to tell someone "well, there's Predalien Queen in AvP2" without being a jerk or using "newb" (which isnt ACTUALLY a word, by the way, nor is it canon).

And, honestly, untill about a week ago I would have thought you were talking about a piece of artillery. Never heard canon used in any other context untill I read on wikipedia something about canon endings for Silent Hill games. Go figure, never thought I'd need to know.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: cultistofvertigo on Sep 23, 2007, 04:14:45 AMThats pretty close-minded.

If that were the case, the majority of people wouldn't voice the same viewpoint.

QuoteNON-CANON doesnt mean that it never happened, even if you put it in all caps. It means that some people like to ignore things.

Nope, it means that "some people", as in the vast majority, don't like to recognize every little thing that's done in the comics or games as reflective of the official Alien universe.

QuoteThere are lots of contradictions, yes, but from what your telling me, it certainly isnt all Dark Horse's fault. If the work of everyone else besides five people is ignored than things like this happen. But, as far as I knew, the concept of royal jelly came much earlier than right now. Therefore, it should hold sway.

What are you trying to say? If it contradicts the canon universe, it isn't Dark Horse's fault...it just gets chalked up to being a non-canon explanation of or expansion upon the Alien universe. And the date in which royal jelly was introduced is inconsequential to the fact that it's never been officially confirmed and thus has no real impact upon the films until introduction.

QuoteThat a couple of guys nobody has heard of before dont think so is hardly my problem, I havent been ignoring parts of the franchise I dont like.

That's nice, but it doesn't change what most consider canon.

QuoteIn fact, what makes AvP2 Canon anyways? I thought only the alien movies were canon, meaning, you know, not anything AvP. Therefore, any argument you just made is void.

The films are recognized as canon. Not just the films in the seperate Alien franchise, but within the AVP franchise as well. It is an official use of the creature. That the first film sucked doesn't change that.

QuoteIn all reality, though, the only thing that actually seperates canon from non-canon is picky little fanboys like you.

Wow. You just talked about how you determine canon on a whim and then you not only talk about fanboys but then go on to say that anyone who recognizes the difference between intention and expansion are 'picky'. How paradoxical.

QuoteMy first post here and all I get is an agrument about "what counts" in a COMPLETELY FICTIONAL UNIVERSE!

You invalidated that by making your third post one that makes little sense. Meathead may be, well, a meathead, but there are logical rebuttals that don't consist of "waaah! ur pickin on me!!1!"

QuoteYou can have your ideas of what matters

That's the thing, though. It's not an idea. It's general consensus. The only time it gets murky is with the special edition releases of the film, and even then it's one of the few occasions where canon is pick-and-choose. But to just say that anyone can make any statement about what impacts a universe with its own sanctions as to what counts and what doesn't is foolhardy.

QuoteThere are better ways to tell someone "well, there's Predalien Queen in AvP2" without being a jerk or using "newb" (which isnt ACTUALLY a word, by the way, nor is it canon).

For once, you're logically right...though that last part made me LOL, which isn't ACTUALLY a word nor is it canon...LOL... :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed