The alien pyramid and its connection with the predators

Started by gameoverman, Sep 16, 2007, 04:10:20 AM

Author
The alien pyramid and its connection with the predators (Read 1,094 times)

gameoverman

So I believe the implication is from AVP that the predators built the pyramids with the aliens that the Space Jockey came into contact with on LV-426.

The original art for Alien:

There's also a Giger drawing of the pyramid that makes it look as if the Jockeys built the pyramid.

Anyway, what does everyone else think of this idea?

Kimarhi

There is no pyramid in Alien.  Thats a starbeast concept that never made it into film or the book (that I can remember).

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

The only implication is that Paul Anderson borrowed a substantial section of the original Alien script for the premise of AVP. That's why Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett are given writer's credits for 'Alien characters' and 'screen story'.

In the original Alien script (and in the novelisation too, if I remember correctly) the Derelict spacecraft was empty, except for the repeating beacon device which drew the Nostromo to it. Inside, however, they found an engraving or representation of some sort which depicted a pyramid-like structure, and upon leaving the derelict they see this structure at some distance and decide to check it out. Inside the find the dead alien on some sort of bed or lounge-like structure, and it is here that the eggs are located and Kain is facehugged.

Giger did many concept drawings labelled the Egg Silo, but due to budget restrictions they simply couldn't afford to make the extra sets, and so conflated the silo with the derelict spacecraft. The design itself has often been used in the comics as the natural structure of a fully-established alien hive, albeit in a much more organic form than Giger's original.

Interesting trivia: If you look at the design on the lower right it's exactly the same as a room early in the Temple stage of the alien campaign in Rebellion's AVP game. I guess they liked the concept art.

gameoverman

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 16, 2007, 04:28:46 AM
There is no pyramid in Alien.  Thats a starbeast concept that never made it into film or the book (that I can remember).

Like Necronoir said it was in the original script but cut for budget reasons.  There is no reason to suggest that the pyramid never existed, however.

SiL

And no reason to assume it had anything to do with the Predators, which, if you read the original script, it very clearly didn't.

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Sep 16, 2007, 05:35:26 AM
And no reason to assume it had anything to do with the Predators, which, if you read the original script, it very clearly didn't.

Of course no Alien movie has anything to do with the predators but future AVP movies might change all that by messing with the continuity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed