Don't see why they wouldn't...

Started by War Wager, Sep 08, 2007, 12:11:22 AM

Author
Don't see why they wouldn't... (Read 1,509 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Why do some people think that Aliens and Predators wouldn't fight amonst themselves? I mean, humans, lions, snakes, cats, deers, mice every living thing in the world fights amonst themselves for some reason or another...  :-\

Irritator

Irritator

Predators would. It was depicted in the famous '94 Aliens vs. Predator comic.

Aliens wouldn't, they are not animals. They're machines.

DEATHGRIND

DEATHGRIND

Machines?!  ??? Then how were they able to grow from being chestbursters?

The Necronoir

Conflict among members of a hive-society is very uncommon. As far as I see it, the only circumstances under which the aliens would turn against each other would be those, as in Resurrection, wherein that conflict would actually benefit the hive or ensure the survival of the queen. In fact the scene in AVP where the aliens attack the queen in order to free her is another good example.

CelticP

CelticP

Quote from: DEATHGRIND on Sep 08, 2007, 12:42:54 AM
Machines?!  ??? Then how were they able to grow from being chestbursters?
Biological mechines.

The Chibi Kiriyama

But does the biomechanical design truly allude to the creature actually having techno-organic parts?

Noir-Gojira

Aliens wouldn't, they are not animals. They're machines.

As if machines never fought one another :p

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: War Wager on Sep 08, 2007, 12:11:22 AM
I mean, humans, lions, snakes, cats, deers, mice every living thing in the world...

You left out the Earth's most prosperous inhabitants...insects.

And as pointed out by Necronoir, in-fighting in a hive situation is far rarer than anywhere else in the animal kingdom.

Hive insects will fight each other, but it's usually for a good reason, such as multiple Queens born at the same time which will fight each other to the death so that only the strongest one goes on to be THE Queen.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Except that some hive insect species frequently go to war with other hives.  So while there is little in fighting in one group, the groups at the whole still fight one another.

Uncanny Antman

There you go then.  When have we seen more than one hive in a flick so far?

Relatedly, I seem to recall two hives bashin' at each other in one of the comics..."Genocide" maybe?  The one where the two castes were coloured differently.  Red 'n green.

Predator_88

Predator_88

I always thought it would be cool if the made Predator were 2 Preds fight because there in each others hunting grounds or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed