What should Alien movies be rated?

Started by Rotaderp, Sep 06, 2007, 11:55:33 PM

Author
What should Alien movies be rated? (Read 1,052 times)

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

I think that 18+ is a bit harsh for something that can be watched by a age group of 12-and up.People probably complain and it usually isnt the movie team who rates the movies but they should be a bit more lenient with they're ratings.I know AVP is only 13+ but is considerably less violent.
Thoughts?

Caledonia

Depended on times. When he first Alien movie came out the experience had never been achieved and it was strictly unsuitable for under 18s. Now with modern movies horror is de-sensitized and it's easy to say let's lower the rating for these sort of movies. However there is more than the horror aspect to rate these movies, cursing, on screen death, violence, complexity of plot all make up the reasons for ratings.

AVP really only had little snippets that could go under the radar and allow the PG13 rating. (few cursing, 20 seconds of extreme gunfire, only 3-4 on screen deaths)

Movies like Predator 1 and 2 are not suitable for children, despite the fac I was a kid when I saw them. I mean drugs, nudity, brutal killings aren't suitable for a 12 year old. 

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If Alien cameout today it will be PG-13 because back in the 70's the MPAA rateing system was Different back then. The Reasson why Alien was R because of the chestburster scene.

Rotaderp

I suppose I didnt think of it that way.By todays standards it might still be rated 18+ but I bet that there would be a wider audience range.Nowadays people dont even look at the rating.

CelticP

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Sep 07, 2007, 12:32:47 AM
If Alien cameout today it will be PG-13 because back in the 70's the MPAA rateing system was Different back then. The Reasson why Alien was R because of the chestburster scene.
And i'd still be R. The MPAA sucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed