Criticism?!

Started by dDave, Jun 20, 2007, 01:57:22 PM

Author
Criticism?! (Read 6,963 times)

gameoverman

gameoverman

SiL, I already mentioned about the AR and AVP aliens.  I was talking about the original design (and the Aliens design, since it is most like the original).

SiL

SiL

Your assessment of the AvP design is wrong. It still has the spike, in the same place right behind the head, and it runs almost the length of the back of the head just like the originals.

You've still to show a shot of the Aliens being hindered by it. Again, they seemed just fine in Aliens crawling through those vents.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 21, 2007, 04:19:40 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 21, 2007, 03:58:29 AM
Beat me to it.  The tubes are flexible enough.

The Alien and Aliens versions look stiff.

EDIT:  You can see here:

http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/icsf/library/fanzines/we/alien.jpg
In A:R, the tubes are moveable. It's seen on a featurette on the Quad.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SiL on Jun 21, 2007, 09:15:20 AM
Your assessment of the AvP design is wrong. It still has the spike, in the same place right behind the head, and it runs almost the length of the back of the head just like the originals.

Retractable spike, huh?

QuoteYou've still to show a shot of the Aliens being hindered by it. Again, they seemed just fine in Aliens crawling through those vents.

I just watched Aliens and it seems they don't have the spike - or I can't see it.  Plus, like I mentioned before, they only put their head in-between the dorsal tubes.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It might restrict their movement some.  They couldn't get to Newt afterall, but I don't think its a major problem.

They still captured or killed a hundred and fifty six colonist.  The majority of whom were probably hiding out in various different places after the barricade fell.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 21, 2007, 04:42:54 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 21, 2007, 04:26:31 AM
Therein lies the beauty.

Inner jaws look stiff most of the time too.

I don't mind the stiff "inner jaw" (actually it's a tongue).  But the flexible tongue may have been the intention all along they just didn't have the money and/or the technology to make it. 

Its not a tongue. I tongue's pure purpose is to enables you to taste, the Aliens inner-jaw's pure purpose it to get up close to their victims and kill them out right. Tongues and inner-jaws and completley different things...

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

I just watched Aliens and it seems they don't have the spike - or I can't see it.  Plus, like I mentioned before, they only put their head in-between the dorsal tubes.
[/quote]

Look closely when the aliens start moving after the chest burster gets flamed and you can make the spike out but thats like the only time you can see it

SM

SM

I think only the puppets in Aliens have the dorsal spike - but not the suits.

QuoteI tongue's pure purpose is to enables you to taste, the Aliens inner-jaw's pure purpose it to get up close to their victims and kill them out right.

If that's what the "pure purpose" is - why do we see Aliens extending them when they AREN'T killing them. 

QuoteTongues and inner-jaws and completley different things...

It's a tongue with a mouth on it.  And as such it's technically not a "jaw".

CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior

umm, ok, i think sigouriny weaver is an idiot.  Just because a pred is a bi-pedile, doesn't mean its too human.  I mean, look at its face.  Tusks,no ears,no nose, it even has extra finger things on its hands and on its feet.  Stupid.  Oh and no i dont really have anything to complain about

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: CelticWarrior on Jun 22, 2007, 06:10:04 PM
...it even has extra finger things on its hands and on its feet.

Whaaa? 

...Finger things?  Extra?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed