Greatest Survivor??? (Read 6,128 times)

SiL

SiL

In the script it says it explodes.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: SiL on Jun 12, 2007, 07:15:14 AM
Quotebut there is no proof that shows that the original alien
It being hit with the full force of the shuttle's engines is somewhat a give-away.

huh

i always thought it was still alive. didnt see it explode or anything just a little burnt

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I don't think in the actual movie we see it explode, if so, slap me for bieng ignorant since i should know.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Ansul on Jun 11, 2007, 08:35:03 PM
Do you guys think a Predator could survive a vacuum of space or the depths of the Antarctic ocean? There's no proof of a Predator being able to do that either.

Since when did any predator fan hear say that a predator can survive the vacuum of space or the depths of the ocean?

aliensetta

aliensetta

well aliens clearly are better surviers then predators. Aliens win! ;D

Ansul

Ansul

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 12, 2007, 08:15:50 PM
Quote from: Ansul on Jun 11, 2007, 08:35:03 PM
Do you guys think a Predator could survive a vacuum of space or the depths of the Antarctic ocean? There's no proof of a Predator being able to do that either.

Since when did any predator fan hear say that a predator can survive the vacuum of space or the depths of the ocean?

They didn't. But I'm just saying. Just because an Alien can't do it, doesn't mean a Predator can do it hands down. Predators aren't god, and neither are Aliens. They're both merely formidable survivors.

I think that this is a trickier question that it originally could've been. A lot of good points being brought up on both sides, and all. Now I don't know which one is better.

Master Chief

Master Chief

So are we talking the one best able to adapt in harsh environments? From what I've seen and read, Aliens can adapt to pretty much anything.  They win that. 

But can an alien 'survive' several shot gun blasts at point blank range like a predator can?  No.

Aliens are easier to kill <----has nothing to do with the topic.

Aeus

Aeus

This is rediculous! Comparing the survival capabilities of Aliens and Predators is stupid, its like comparing a Humans survival capabilities to an Animals. Predators and Humans are intelligent and can create complex and advanced technology to aid them in almost any situation. Aliens and Animals are not so smart and cant do that. That is why the Alien didnt survive against Ripley, she beat it through intelligence and technology. The Predators only lost to thier Human enemies because they get off on being Honourable and make stupid mistakes that cannot be rectified by thier technology.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 16, 2007, 09:16:43 PM
This is rediculous! Comparing the survival capabilities of Aliens and Predators is stupid, its like comparing a Humans survival capabilities to an Animals. Predators and Humans are intelligent and can create complex and advanced technology to aid them in almost any situation. Aliens and Animals are not so smart and cant do that. That is why the Alien didnt survive against Ripley, she beat it through intelligence and technology. The Predators only lost to thier Human enemies because they get off on being Honourable and make stupid mistakes that cannot be rectified by thier technology.

Well this topic is about who is the greatest survivor now you comparing that in the wrong way because this is about if you just leave a predator and a alien on a planet to survive NOT to fight each other but just to survive on the planet. Its like if you leave a human (predator ) and a animal ( alien ) in the woods who would be better at living in the woods. The animal ( alien ) would be a lot better at surviving in the woods. Unlike the human ( predator ) who would have a much harder time trying to survive.

So aliens are the greatest survivor.
Case Close.

Predboy

Predboy

I can see the kind of point you're trying to prove aliensetta, and Im not going to argue with it, Im just gonna say, using a human as an example for a predator is just wrong. Humans are too spoiled and pampered to do anything in the wild, predators are not. You put a predator in the wild, and a human in the wild, we're all gonna know who's gonna survive better. Now that I've made my point, if you'll excuse me, Im gonna go to sleep now. See you all tommorow. 8)

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Predboy on Jul 17, 2007, 02:29:40 AM
I can see the kind of point you're trying to prove aliensetta, and Im not going to argue with it, Im just gonna say, using a human as an example for a predator is just wrong. Humans are too spoiled and pampered to do anything in the wild, predators are not. You put a predator in the wild, and a human in the wild, we're all gonna know who's gonna survive better. Now that I've made my point, if you'll excuse me, Im gonna go to sleep now. See you all tommorow. 8)

Well I was just useing humans as a example because Aeus used humans as a exsample plus the closest thing to a predator on earth is a human. and the closest thing to a alien on earth is a animal. and predator is a really smart stong human and a alien is a huge stong cunning animal. so the exsample works. not very well but it works.

So case still closed. Aliens win.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Well, a human not used to surviving off the land in the wild probably wouldn't do as well as the pred, since the pred makes it a sport to hunt in foreign jungles.  A human indiginous to this earth and living in the forest/wild is a different story.

There are still humans out there that are pretty wild.  Even the predator was based of Masai warriors.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 17, 2007, 03:27:34 AM
Well, a human not used to surviving off the land in the wild probably wouldn't do as well as the pred, since the pred makes it a sport to hunt in foreign jungles.  A human indiginous to this earth and living in the forest/wild is a different story.

There are still humans out there that are pretty wild.  Even the predator was based of Masai warriors.

And in the wild, the Predator would make tools to help him survive, the Alien couldn't do that.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 17, 2007, 01:25:40 PM

And in the wild, the Predator would make tools to help him survive, the Alien couldn't do that.

Yeah but it wouldn't need to it has all the tools it needs. Plus Aliens are born survivors they don't need tools to survive. but the predator needs tools to survive. and i can't believe that people are saying predators are better survivors!  :o

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Aeus on Jul 17, 2007, 01:25:40 PM

But an alien wouldn't need too.  It doesn't matter where they are at, they just adapt to the situation.  Underwater, in a spaceship, facehugging people in a toxic atmosphere, walking around the outside of the temple in avp and showing no effects.

It doesn't matter to them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed