Greatest camouflage????

Started by Cpl Hudson, Jun 09, 2007, 05:56:40 PM

Author
Greatest camouflage???? (Read 5,482 times)

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

Aliens and Predators.

Which has the greatest camouflage?

Predators renders it very nearly invisible, apart from the slight shimmering heat-haze effect.  However this is technology based, not natural, and water tends to, if you'll pardon the pun, rain on its parade  :D

Aliens on the other hand rely on natural stealth an camouflage, blending into their surrounding environment and approaching their prey in complete silence until the moment they strike.

For me the aliens take the crown in the stealth and camouflage stakes.  But what do you think?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I say the predator, because they can be anywhere, whereas the aliens can only camo in places that have the same characteristics that they do.

Preds win

War Wager

War Wager

I'd say Alien, because unlike the Predators, they can almost completely camouflage themselves into an enviroment and become part of it, and because its natural unlike the Predators which depend upon high-tech gadgets...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Aliens are not chameleons.

War Wager

War Wager

No  ::), but they are only found in dark places, which means the can look like parts of the scenary. Like in the Directors Cut of Alien when its hanging from the chains...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

that's what i am trying to say, only places that are like them dark, and or share the characteristics of the alien, those are the only places that the alien can hide, unlike Predator, which can camo in any place.

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Depends on the situation.
Aliens can only camouflage themselves in a certain environment. If they're in the right place, they can blend in perfectly. If not...
"They mostly come out at night... mostly."

Predators have their cloak, although it doesen't give them complete invisibility it can be very effective if used right. There's always the disadvantage of short circuiting. Movement also makes the Predator more visible.

Yautja666

Yautja666

The Predator by far! ;D While the predator can camouflage itself to near invisibility and anywhere the alien are limited to his hive surrounding or dark places. Also we don't care if it's natural or not what's important in the end is the result; the result is clearly in favor of the predator.

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

I'm glad my post have sparked off a mature debate instead of an adolescent slanging match.  And i agree with many of your points, but for me its still gotta be the alien.  For most of the predators stealth kills they are usually stood upright, facing their target, whether it be up close n personal, or over a long distance.  The alien on the other hand could be anywhere! I disagree with one of the points saying that aliens could only blend into a hive environment, aliens can hide anywhere, using any shadowy corner or crevice they like, plus they will attack from any direction, and will not always be directly facing their prey until they move in for the take down.  They could be above, below, hanging from the wall, running across the floor.  I'd like to see the predator achieve that kind of lethal agility.  P.S thanks for your replys! im new to the site and are loving the varied debates on the forums, keep em coming!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I have to vote Predator.

When Harrigan was on the roof at the beginning of P2, do you think an Alien could have been perched on the tower right in front of him and not be seen?

The Aliens are good with natural stealth, but they ain't no daylight hiders.

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

I'll agree with you on that one uncanny antman, preds definately rule during the day.  Excellent point, thank you for the post mate

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Indeed there are many areas that Aliens can take advantage of. When facing a Predator though, Alien-vision will render their camo useless. (assuming the Predator is using it)

Quote from: Cpl Hudson on Jun 10, 2007, 10:31:45 AM
They could be above, below, hanging from the wall, running across the floor.  I'd like to see the predator achieve that kind of lethal agility.

The Alien's anatomy is different. Predators may not be as agile but they have shown us great stealth and agility aswell. They may be on a rooftop, in the trees, you don't see them, next second you look they're right in front of you ready to strike.

Quoteim new to the site and are loving the varied debates on the forums, keep em coming!

Welcome. You can introduce yourself here if you wish to.

Cpl Hudson

Cpl Hudson

thank you for your post dekapitator (hope i spelt that rite)  your point is a valid one, and i agree that predators have their moments of stealth an surprise just as much as aliens do, all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Alien Drone 531

Alien Drone 531

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 09, 2007, 06:40:54 PM
No  ::), but they are only found in dark places, which means the can look like parts of the scenary. Like in the Directors Cut of Alien when its hanging from the chains...

"They mostly come at night ..... mostly"

Master Chief

Master Chief

IMO, the predator has the greatest camo.  It is able to bend light and become nearly invisible.  It can hide in my living room and I might miss it.  Like some of the others were saying the Aliens need to have dark settings to be effective.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed