Ah, f**k it, it's just Columbo thread now

Started by Kradan, Aug 02, 2021, 05:38:48 PM

Author
Ah, f**k it, it's just Columbo thread now (Read 8,103 times)

Darwinsgirl

"Hey little buddy...they still got you chasing those loose ends?"

Kradan

Kradan

Recently  re-watched this one. The episode is worth a watch just for the scenes of Cash and Falk together, they play off each other rather well. Johnny Cash as Tommy Brown is probably one of the most problematic Columbo murderers. While I have nothing but sympathy  for Adrian Carsini or Oliver Brandt or nothing but hatred for Dale Kingston or Milo Janus, I'm very conflicted on how to feel about Tommy. On one hand, he seems to be quite down-to-earth kind of guy and good to people he works with, his fame didn't make him go "I'm above all of you" . He never gets irritated or angry with Lieutenant and seems to genuinely enjoy his company,which is heartwarming to see. But, on the other hand, specific details of murder, his motivations and some of the things he does or says throughout the episode make it somewhat. .. uncomfortable to watch. I kinda like it though - that writters gave such a seemingly lovable man some darker shades of personality, that's what makes him stand out among the others

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Aug 01, 2022, 06:11:34 PM"Hey little buddy...they still got you chasing those loose ends?"

"What does he mean, MURDER ? And why am I talking to someone from HOMICIDE ? "

Darwinsgirl

As Columbo said at the end "Any man that can sing like that can't be all bad"

I like the scene with the plane crash investigator. Columbo points out the unbuckled seat belt,no ashes in flight kit. Simple but telling details. ;)

Lots of fun scenes

Luke "Chili...good isn't it...made with Squirle meat" :laugh:

There are some real life similarities to this story. Johnny Cash's wife June Carter Cash sang religious music. And Johnny had been to prison for drugs IIRC.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

@Kradan what do you think is essential columbo

Kradan

If you want some episodes titles, then I'd  recommend  Murder By The Book, Any Old Port In A Storm, Double Exposure, By Dawn's Early Light and The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case

Kradan

Kradan

So, guy who's running Columbophile blog (which I would highly recommend to anyone who likeßs Columbo) is going to publish a book- a collection of reviews for all of 45 "classic" Columbo episodes. What caught my attention the most was this cool as hell cover . I mean, just look at it. Amazing

https://columbophile.com/2022/08/28/columbophile-book-to-be-released-in-september/comment-page-1/

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 31, 2022, 06:28:03 AMIf you want some episodes titles, then I'd  recommend  Murder By The Book, Any Old Port In A Storm, Double Exposure, By Dawn's Early Light and The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case

I would add "Murder Under Glass" (fun foodie episode) and

"Death Lends A Hand" one on my favorite Robert Culp episodes

Kradan

Kradan

I like "Death Lends A Hand" but I LOVE "Double Exposure". I feel like Culp got better and better with each episode he starred in and in DE he struck pure gold.  "Cat-and-mouse" dynamic between him and  Falk iin that episode is anongst series' very best:

Spoiler
[close]

Darwinsgirl

^^^^

Very clever  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 31, 2022, 06:28:03 AMIf you want some episodes titles, then I'd  recommend  Murder By The Book, Any Old Port In A Storm, Double Exposure, By Dawn's Early Light and The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case
I mean Columbo is a 'mystery of the week' kinda show isn't it? Are there essential seasons to watch or would I have to cherrypick

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2022, 09:26:21 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7X6OJYH7DE

The funniest thing is that nice lady will show up again in another episode as a murderer. Quite a change of career for a nun, right @Local Trouble ?

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Yeah, I kinda do

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed