The Spooky Stuff Thread

Started by Cvalda, Jun 17, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

Author
The Spooky Stuff Thread (Read 47,410 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

The Spooky Stuff Thread
Gather round the Rec Board's own digital campfire and proceed to post stuff that is creepy, scurry, spooky. Images, web links to stories or other threads on other forums, personal experiences, music, viral videos -- just as long as it is suitably eerie.

To kick things off, some artwork by Stephen Gammell which will no doubt be familiar to many who read those Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark as kids, really just to look at his wonderfully evocative, no-holds-barred illustrated nightmare fuel:

And, for seconds, this massive thread detailing the alleged true stories of redneck right wingers encountering spooky stuff in the woods:
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236

Your turn.
(Note: this ain't a thread for gore/torture shit. Beat off to that on your own.)

Aspie

Vepariga

Vepariga

This is like the 5th thread I seen like this and every time I post stories or something the thread dies. So I'm being hesitant now.  :-\

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Vepariga on Jun 17, 2014, 06:40:17 AM
This is like the 5th thread I seen like this and every time I post stories or something the thread dies. So I'm being hesitant now.  :-\

POST STORY PLZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T09iknuzDlw#ws

Cvalda

Cvalda

This thread will be the one to survive, Veps. I have forseen it.

Here's a little ditty to set the tone for the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfeQg43H1xI#ws

Vepariga

Vepariga

ok here is some of my accounts...

I have been surrounded by unexplained instances quite a few times in my life,from when I was young to now. I research the subject and investigate what I can extensively to rule out possible things and to this day they remain unexplained.

I'll start from the beginning.

I was about 6 years old at the time,we had been living in a new (old) house for about a year and I remember this one particular night and following morning vividly,it has burned into my mind with every detail.

I remember going to bed,I had a single waterbed back then. The night was cool,and I remember waking up not knowing what time it was and my curtians where along my bed side. the trees outside cast shadows that look like faces with the bright light,I looked outside and the moon was very bright. It was at this moment when I heard the toybox lid move,like someone lifted it slightly and let it drop back down. I sat up in bed and looked towards the back end of my room,there was a spare bed there. I felt like something was there so I slid out of bed and walked slowly towards the spare bed,as I go about half way there a white figure almost like a human shaped white smudge with a odd shaped head came out from under the bed and moved towards me with outstretched arms,it made a sound that i can still hear when i think about it. I screamed and shot straight into my parents room and i remember clinging on to my dads leg as he walked into my room lol. f**k i was scared.

of course,there was nothing there,but my mum felt uneasy. The following morning we all were getting ready for bacon and eggs and the table was set,we all sat down and started talking,about what i seen and other things. during a joke we stopped to see the curtian that covered the sliding door slowly rise towards the ceiling,this curtian is thick material a strong wind could only take it about coffee table high,yet this was outstretched like it was pulled and touched the cieling. no windows,no wind. we where all silent as it slowly whent back down. needless to say it was abit spooky.

we moved a couple months later.

it was pretty quiet for a while until we moved into a house in a new city for a few years, a house that i moved from mid last year.

I'll tell abit later on.

Cvalda

Cvalda

moar

Vepariga

Vepariga

Well.

The next house had a few interesting things, at first we had nothing. It was your standard old two story house,backyard pool and so on. My parents had in mind for some renovations of the bathroom and to extend some areas,it was a big project but ended up looking great.

I remember when dad was taking apart the old bathroom and removing some old floorboards there. One interesting thing tihat I didnt think much of was that we found a bowl and spoon along with a little teddy bear under the floor. it was old and dusty and I thought whats that doing under there? I thought might have just been some kid that put it there,but still was abit odd.

bout a month went by before the first thing started happening. In the bedroom that sides across from the bathroom there was about a 2 meter tall plush dog that was my sisters. we stuck it in that room to get it out of the way,anyway, every night following we would find the dog knocked over to the middle of the room or upside down in the corner of the room. I would set it back properly and go downstairs,coming back up and the door to the room was closed. I opened it and the dog was on the ground again. I said "whats the purpose of this?" just to the air.

After that it stopped happening every night and only like twice a week,I didnt let it bother me much. Just thought,oh well ghost likes the dog for some reason.

more later,I dont want to fill the thread with a wall of text lol

Xenodog

Xenodog

Cool thread. I loved Scary Stories to Tell in the dark and that artwork is damn fine. There was a lot of irritation when they were re-released with non-Stephen Gammell artwork and rightly so.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

I am gonna LOVE this thread.

First off, one of the best short horror films I have ever seen. Please, do yourself a favor and watch this in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUQhNGEu2KA#ws

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

The "paranormal" stories from my family are all a bit on the silly side...

a) A few years ago a few 20 year old ish cousins of mine gathered a few friends and did the whole "Ouija board" summoning the spirits thing.. at midnight... by candle light. According to them, they summoned up a demon that moved the cup around without it being touched and the demon said that they had to perform some sort of satanic rite.. or one of them would be possessed. DUN DUN DUN.

Long story short, The next day they all went to church in the morning and started praying etc...  :laugh: They attented it regularly for a few weeks.

b) There was also this one time (way back in the 60's) when my whole family left home prior to serving dinner to attend a celebration in the neighbours house. When they got back, there was one dish already served... and of course a few of my very superstitious family blamed it on an ENTITY. People refused to eat that night, except one of my uncles who thought that it was just some kid playing around.

c) My greatgrandmother claimed to be haunted by a poltergeist, who had the habit of levitating objects and throwing them at her. Shoes, tiny rocks, etc.... Apparently this happened for a long time until the day she died.

d) the only "spooky" thing that happened to me was when i was a wee little kid. I was laying in bed one afternoon, it was raining outside. I felt slightly sleepy.. and closed my eyes slightly... only to be startled by a dark demonic hand that was reaching from behind me to try to hold my face. I ran out of my room like hell and refused to sleep there that night . (Of course that i was dreaming, saw the hand in the dream state, and then woke up startled.)

I dont believe in paranormal stuff, of cors. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cvalda

Cvalda

:laugh:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

eyebrows of doom.

Eva

Eva

Some of my most memorable nightmares comes to mind, as in

...dreaming I was living a suburban family life and suddenly my kids started vanishing 1 by 1. As it happened, the neighbour killed them and buried them in his garden....

... dreaming I was in a dark forest and slowly the ground and dirt beneath my bare feet, turned into black fluid and I slowly submerged into the dark...

:-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed