Doom (2016) (Doom 4)

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 09, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Author
Doom (2016) (Doom 4) (Read 86,373 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 10, 2008, 03:43:15 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 10, 2008, 01:26:44 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 10, 2008, 01:21:06 AM
If it's a remake of Hell on Earth I can't complain.  Demons running around on earth?  What isn't to like?

That's exactly what you should be complaining about. Doom 3 had some of Doom 2's villains, and RoE already had the double-barreled shottie. A re-make of D2 would be pointless.

Why should I complain?  Doom bears as much resemblance too Doom III as a velociraptor does to a canary.

And how much bitching do you want to guarentee if you start taking things like imps, pinkies and cyberdemon's out of the doom series?

Who said anything about taking those creatures out? All I said was a remake would be pointless b/c it's already been more or less done.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on May 09, 2008, 10:38:57 PM
I hope it takes place on Earth.

Then it wouldn't be Doom.  Mars + Hell = Doom.  Plus, Mars is just a hell of alot cooler to look at.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on May 10, 2008, 05:17:48 AM

Then it wouldn't be Doom.  Mars + Hell = Doom.  Plus, Mars is just a hell of alot cooler to look at.

You haven't played Doom II have you?

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

sweet  8) hopefully Doom 4 comes out for the 360.

Horhey

Horhey

I dont know man. Hell on futuristic Earth wouldnt be all that boring imo.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Horhey on May 11, 2008, 04:25:56 PM

Another reason why Doom 4 might not work; how many more futuristic shooters can come out without being similar to all the others?

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2008, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: Horhey on May 11, 2008, 04:25:56 PM

Another reason why Doom 4 might not work; how many more futuristic shooters can come out without being similar to all the others?

Its the only shooter with Demons and Hell. You'll probobly start off on Earth and then go into Hell. Resurection of Evil shows this game can keep going for awhile.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really, b/c as much as I love Doom, I have to admit that every single game in the series is exactly the same in terms of gameplay. There's very little depth to any of them, even Doom 3. I respect the series in terms of what it did for the industry on the whole, but the gameplay itself is very cut-and-dry.

b-raz

b-raz

Tbh, I didnt like Doom 3, I mean what the hells up with the flashlight?? Gotta carry it, see an enemy, then return fire? Stupid. And it was completely dark, everywhere which annoyed the crap out of me. Which would be half-fine if they could've just had the flashlight attatched to ur weapon, I mean what the hell?  ??? And everything looked the same. I hope Doom 4 is a remake of the original with different looking rooms and setups like the original id games, more lighting, more enemies, less tighter quarters, the original music. And oh yeah, the Doom Marine's face doing the skeptical eye-twitch and bloody face showing ur health level(loved that).  8)

Naissus

Naissus

I would like to see some more character interaction and some diversification of levels.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: b-raz on May 12, 2008, 02:06:47 AM
Tbh, I didnt like Doom 3, I mean what the hells up with the flashlight?? Gotta carry it, see an enemy, then return fire? Stupid. And it was completely dark, everywhere which annoyed the crap out of me. Which would be half-fine if they could've just had the flashlight attatched to ur weapon, I mean what the hell?  ??? And everything looked the same. I hope Doom 4 is a remake of the original with different looking rooms and setups like the original id games, more lighting, more enemies, less tighter quarters, the original music. And oh yeah, the Doom Marine's face doing the skeptical eye-twitch and bloody face showing ur health level(loved that).  8)

The idea was to strike a balance between using your flashlight and your gun to add to the game's overall mood and atmosphere. And not every situation in the game was totally dark. The Delta labs lit up quite nicely once you complete the objective of getting the battery back into place. And Doom 3 was already a remake of the original, so that'd be supremely futile.

Cellien

Cellien

Wasn't a huge fan of DOOM 3, but loved the old games back in the day.  After playing through some levels of DOOM 3, I realized I'm not a huge corridor shooter fan anymore.  I like a healthy mix of outdoor environments with a few corridors thrown in.  Probably why I'm such a fan of Halo.  The Aliens Colonial Marines game though looks like mostly corridors.. but it's Aliens so I can probably get over it. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cellien on May 13, 2008, 03:38:26 PM
Wasn't a huge fan of DOOM 3, but loved the old games back in the day.  After playing through some levels of DOOM 3, I realized I'm not a huge corridor shooter fan anymore.  I like a healthy mix of outdoor environments with a few corridors thrown in.  Probably why I'm such a fan of Halo.  The Aliens Colonial Marines game though looks like mostly corridors.. but it's Aliens so I can probably get over it. :)

One of the things that made Doom 3 great, I think, was that it felt like Aliens due to its environments.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I love the weapons in Doom 3 and it was a lot harder then the other two games.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: b-raz on May 12, 2008, 02:06:47 AM

The flashlight is part of a gun in DOOM 3 Resurection of Evil. You're also in Hell half the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed