Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 648,261 times)

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 16, 2022, 01:21:24 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 15, 2022, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 15, 2022, 08:24:55 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 15, 2022, 05:15:34 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 15, 2022, 05:26:15 AM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 14, 2022, 11:36:55 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 14, 2022, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 14, 2022, 04:48:19 PMmade a new head for an ancient xeno thats been kicking around my fodder box

Where is the head from?

I sculpted it in blender and printed it on 2 different 3d printers with 2 different kinds of resins.
That's the best looking neca alien head I've seen. Wow. Very cool. How long did it take to composite this and put it all together. Also very fascinated with 3d printers, how much does it cost you to do something like this and is it possible to make an entire figure just based off yawing the 3d printer?

Overall this was about a week of sculpting and 2 days printing different scales and tests. I know some artists who've made articulated figures in the past, but i feel that for the effort and cost of material you'd probably be better off getting an actual neca figure. 3d printing is overall an expensive hobby, and if you don't intend to learn how to 3d model the price just goes up from there.
Mind sharing the price? If not no worries

I'm not quite sure what your asking, the price of what exactly? Can you be more specific?
The cost of making the prints, not the printer itself but if you printed out one or more alien heads for instance

Each head is probably 5USD or so, but in order to fill the vat to its minimum its about 12USD. Given that there are 2 different printers running off different pieces the total is closer to 25-30$.

Thats not including, electricity, paint, consumable material costs, time it takes to make the digital model, post processing labor etc etc.

The cost of the prints themselves aren't so bad, but again 3d printing is an expensive hobby so its never JUST the cost of the printed material itself. 

littlesprout

Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 16, 2022, 06:03:13 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 16, 2022, 01:21:24 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 15, 2022, 09:16:07 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 15, 2022, 08:24:55 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 15, 2022, 05:15:34 PM
Quote from: littlesprout on Nov 15, 2022, 05:26:15 AM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 14, 2022, 11:36:55 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 14, 2022, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Leggs.obj on Nov 14, 2022, 04:48:19 PMmade a new head for an ancient xeno thats been kicking around my fodder box

Where is the head from?

I sculpted it in blender and printed it on 2 different 3d printers with 2 different kinds of resins.
That's the best looking neca alien head I've seen. Wow. Very cool. How long did it take to composite this and put it all together. Also very fascinated with 3d printers, how much does it cost you to do something like this and is it possible to make an entire figure just based off yawing the 3d printer?

Overall this was about a week of sculpting and 2 days printing different scales and tests. I know some artists who've made articulated figures in the past, but i feel that for the effort and cost of material you'd probably be better off getting an actual neca figure. 3d printing is overall an expensive hobby, and if you don't intend to learn how to 3d model the price just goes up from there.
Mind sharing the price? If not no worries

I'm not quite sure what your asking, the price of what exactly? Can you be more specific?
The cost of making the prints, not the printer itself but if you printed out one or more alien heads for instance

Each head is probably 5USD or so, but in order to fill the vat to its minimum its about 12USD. Given that there are 2 different printers running off different pieces the total is closer to 25-30$.

Thats not including, electricity, paint, consumable material costs, time it takes to make the digital model, post processing labor etc etc.

The cost of the prints themselves aren't so bad, but again 3d printing is an expensive hobby so its never JUST the cost of the printed material itself. 

Man that's cool. Just food for thought if you don't already, you should make some YouTube tutorials or just film the process you use, I know I would love to see it and I feel like others would too! Very talented what ur able to do

Master

Master

Hi guys. I know it's not AvP related but I finished phase one of my diorama for NECA God  of War figures. It is called the Lion Gate.

It is custom made for shelf in Detolf cabinet and it is functional (doors does open ;). Hope you enjoy it!

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Here is my slightly customized Neca Ultimate Elder predator, all I did was add some straps to the shins and a spear, both took a good while to do so I'm posting it lol.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Picked up some custom printed Clicker heads for customs.
Now my Neca Joel and Ellie will have something to fight.

Also, finally getting my custom Hunting Grounds old Dutch sorted. Huge thanks to Joe Dunaway for the paint work.

Of course, Dutch needs something to fight.

DMmoon

DMmoon

FERAL HELMET 3D MODEL PRINTABLE ( STL - FBX - MAX - BLEND ) - HIGHT DETAIL - REAL SCALE
https://www.turbosquid.com/es/3d-models/feral-helmet-3d-model-printable--stl-fbx-max-blend-3d-model-2087196

This model is a faithful replica of the helmet used by the FERAL PREDATORS in the movie PREY, modeled in 3DS MAX and ZBRUSH and made on a real scale of a FERAL PREDATOR. (It is advisable to reduce the piece if it is going to be used to customize a suit, or another type of customization on a small scale)

*The funds raised by this article will be used for the production of ALIEN ODYSSEY the fan film, free to view on the YouTube channel of the creator Rubén Caro*
https://youtube.com/@rubencaroDM
The helmet has 1/1 scale proportions of:
Height: 17.37cm
Length: 41.2cm
Width: 26.3cm

Este modelo es una fiel réplica del casco usado por los FERAL PREDATORS en la película PREY, modelado en 3DS MAX y ZBRUSH y realizado a escala real de un FERAL PREDATOR. ( Es aconsejable reducir la pieza si va a usarse para customizar un traje, u otro tipo de customización en escala reducida )

*Los fondos recaudados por este artículo se usarán para la producción de ALIEN ODISEA  la película de fan, de libre visualización en el canal de YouTube del creador Rubén Caro*
https://youtube.com/@rubencaroDM

El casco tiene unas proporciones a escala 1/1 de:
Altura: 17,37 cm
Longitud: 41,2 cm
Ancho: 26,3 cm

https://www.turbosquid.com/es/3d-models/feral-helmet-3d-model-printable--stl-fbx-max-blend-3d-model-2087196

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Picked this up the other day to turn it into a Predator drop ship.

Still Collating...

That's probably gonna look awesome!

Wweyland

Wweyland

That Feral helmet actually looks like a Predator ship as well

littlesprout

littlesprout

Does anyone have experience with 3D printers? I'm thinking about investing in one and creating my own customs. That' process seems a lot easier than sculpting from scratch. I've also come to notice most of the custom predator helmets on eBay are done with this process

Still Collating...

I heard for anyone starting with 3D printing, that there is a ton of useful material and tutorials on YouTube and specialized forums for beginners. I haven't bought and tried 3D printing yet cause it still seems a bit too complicated for me, but on the other hand, so many people are getting into it now that it can't be that complex.

I also want one for figure customization, for my human, Alien and Predator figures. Maybe even to make some vehicles in scale with my desired figures.

littlesprout

Same. I just want to design my own human sculpts but I'm not artistic in the sense of actually using clay and tools. Plus some scenery objects, as well as custom alien and predator heads

SiL

SiL

You still need to know how to sculpt, just digitally.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed