What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 280,685 times)

Elliott

Elliott

I just finished the Horus Herey #1, #2, & #3, now I'm swapping over to this before some of the other books arrive.

I must say, as someone who didn't like Warhammer suddenly giving it a chance, and netted me a whole lot of trouble as I rest my feet currently on the "Age of Darkness" table-top box set under my desk.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Lots of John Keel.  This stuff is fascinating. 

Stitch

Stitch

Alien: Inferno's Fall

Also still slowly making my way through Shadowplay by Joseph O'Connor. It's not as engaging as I'd hoped so it stays unread for long periods of time.

First Blood

First Blood

Venom by Donny Cates

Ingwar

Ingwar

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms aka Tales of Dunk and Egg by GRRM. I will always enjoy his style.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 21, 2022, 09:14:03 PMA Knight of the Seven Kingdoms aka Tales of Dunk and Egg by GRRM. I will always enjoy his style.

Yeah, I read that about 2 years ago. Fun collection of short stories, GoT without all the weight and luggage, beautifully illustrated.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah and apparently HBO is planning to make tv series.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Currently halfway through Dr Moreau. I struggle to get into the older ones these days, takes me a while to get used to the language. But I've settled and I'm enjoying it. Moreau is explaining the why currently. Only ever read War of the Worlds from Wells before.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Currently reading Predator: Eyes of the Demon. Not as great as "If it Bleeds", but has some good stories.
Would have liked to see some stories set in the past, but this does not have them.
A little puzzled by the "every Predator is now female" part, and if there is an in-universe explanation.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Last Days by Adam Nevill

This just might be one of the best, and scariest, horror novels I've read in a while.

Stitch

Stitch

Finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. Decent cyberpunk story, with a better metaverse than Zuckerberg.

Just over halfway through Ryu Murakami's Audition which, so far, is almost exactly the same as the movie. Good movie, so I'm hoping the book is, too.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Star Wars: X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Just finished reading the first two 'Judges' novellas; I really enjoyed these! (Looking forward to starting the next one)! 😁👍

Also just binged the 6-issue comic book 'Starhenge: Book One'- beautiful artwork throughout and perfect blend of futuristic sci-fi mixed with fantasy Arthurian legend (recommended!) 😊

Currently several chapters into 'Alien: The Cold Forge' after hearing so many here recommend it - will post thoughts after finishing. 😁👍

Stitch

Stitch

The Apocalypse by Jeffrey Konvitz

Got The Sentinel from a used book store and enjoyed it enough that I thought I'd try the sequel. Not far enough in to make a judgement yet.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Started reading Alien by Alan Dean Foster last night.  It's been a while since I've read any of the novels.  I plan on reading all the movie novels in order.  I even found in a box a copy of the Alien Resurrection novel @Corporal Hicks kindly sent to me years ago!  I was wondering where that went.

Been enjoying reading Alien again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed