Curious facts about yourself

Started by OmegaZilla, Oct 27, 2010, 01:42:59 PM

Author
Curious facts about yourself (Read 424,892 times)

Master Chief

Master Chief

I drink ice cold milk with my pizza.  ;D

Kradan

Kradan

People with gummy smiles terrify me

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 21, 2023, 08:03:59 PMI like Scottish films.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Alien, Blade Runner, Top Gun, True Romance, The Last Duel, Crimson Tide...  ;D

Year0

Year0

I manage teams of contractors for essential works in my job. I can also curl my tongue and wiggle my ears.

Immortan Jonesy

The initial letters of my real life first and last name are CB 👀

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

My bones don't break.

Not saying I'm invincible but I'm a 40-year-old woman and never had any broken bones after getting my head kicked in by a horse, hit by a truck, fell off a 10+ foot drop and landed head first on cement.

I've had x-rays and Cat Scans and multiple times have been told by doctors that it's physically impossible for me to not have any broken bones. I've even gone back in for them expecting my bones to separate after a few days and it never happened.

Best guess I can do is I've always been insanely active since I could walk from; ice skating, skate boarding, roller skating, swimming, baseball, basketball, volleyball, bicycling, horseback riding, walking and always being busy working. That's as a child. Then I've never missed a meal in my life and consume tons of protein.

So I'm assuming that may have contributed.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Blackdawn on Oct 17, 2023, 06:53:25 AMBest guess I can do is I've always been insanely active since I could walk from; ice skating, skate boarding, roller skating, swimming, baseball, basketball, volleyball, bicycling, horseback riding, walking and always being busy working. That's as a child. Then I've never missed a meal in my life and consume tons of protein.

So I'm assuming that may have contributed.

Yeah, resistance exercise like most of those you mentioned will increase bone density. Most of those activities are also outdoor activities which means you get plenty of vitamin D, probably the most essential component for strong bones.

Excessive protein intake won't really improve bone health other than getting enough phosphorus and vitamin K2 from it. A varied diet that includes lots of vegetables will mean that the bones get all the calcium, magnesium, potassium and other minerals that it needs, making them almost indestructible.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The last time I said I'd never broken a bone I immediately broke my foot :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You really put your foot in your mouth, yeah?  ;D

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 17, 2023, 08:49:17 AMYeah, resistance exercise like most of those you mentioned will increase bone density. Most of those activities are also outdoor activities which means you get plenty of vitamin D, probably the most essential component for strong bones.

Excessive protein intake won't really improve bone health other than getting enough phosphorus and vitamin K2 from it. A varied diet that includes lots of vegetables will mean that the bones get all the calcium, magnesium, potassium and other minerals that it needs, making them almost indestructible.

I forgot to mention the varied diet. Grew up in a household where there was always home cooked meals every day.

Never thought anything bout the sun though.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

As I come to the final stretch of my PhD write-up year, despite having always been seen as 'confident ' and 'outgoing' my whole life by others, I realised after a long (several hour) conversation with my supervisor that I am in fact experiencing a bad, bad case of imposter syndrome... and I have no idea how to get out of this mindset. I feel like I'm just role-playing the character of a scientist, but in reality feel clueless. 😅

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed