[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20.1%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
46 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 129,657 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Here's an article of the redesign with more angles. This is truly a praise worthy work of art.

https://www.predator4-movie.com/news/prey-fan-art-combines-feral-predator-original-jungle-hunter-predator-designs

dnicholson277

Really not a fan of the Feral mask less look in art or not obscured by the shadows in the film.

Feels like they didn't want to get stuck should the law suit go against Disney so changed enough to get away with it.

I'd rather Feral kept his mask on the entire movie.

Master Chief

Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 26, 2023, 12:18:06 PMI'd rather Feral kept his mask on the entire movie.

I think the face reveal is one of the best parts of any Predator movie.  It's something I'm always looking forward to.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 28, 2023, 03:08:47 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 26, 2023, 12:18:06 PMI'd rather Feral kept his mask on the entire movie.

I think the face reveal is one of the best parts of any Predator movie.  It's something I'm always looking forward to.
The face reveal in this one was pretty great imo, even if the face is ugly

BlueMarsalis79

Thatguy2068

It would've been better if they didn't used CGI to enhance the face it would've looked way better.

littlesprout

Looks way better without cgi.

RidgeTop

Nice to see another in-depth BTS StudioADI video posted. Was wondering if we'd get one for Prey. Man, so much went into the making of this thing.

426Buddy

They did an amazing job imo.

Neila

the only really good predator designs were 1 and 2.
everything that came after didn't look good anymore. I'm specifically referring to the head designs without a mask.
(there were still cool masks, like Scar and Wolf.) but feral is the biggest crash so far.

despite everything, I admire the talents of the designers and know the work that goes into this.
It is often the case that the designer only works according to the director's orders, even if he may have a different opinion about design decisions.

for example  AVP-R:
The Strausses wanted the aliens to be more muscular and massive instead of insect-like.
wrong direction...

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

I'm glad ADI made this video as the bluray special features left something to be desired.

It def one one of the coolest and prettiest predators... I love seeing the WIPs and just how they got to the final design.

ace3g

Don't remember this one being posted.

ace3g

Another look at the practical design of the head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed