Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 30, 2022, 07:29:16 PM

Do you think Alien Romulus could have some connection to the Noah Hawley series, Alien prequels or the original tetralogy?

Tied up with the Alien prequels
13 (34.2%)
Tied up with Noah Hawley series
2 (5.3%)
Tied up with Alien original tetralogy
14 (36.8%)
Tied up with AVP
0 (0%)
No link at all
9 (23.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Alien Romulus connections to other Alien media? (Read 8,138 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Most think that way.

rabernathi

On the idea of "will it tie with the rest of the media"... i cant help but wonder, how are they gonna handle the "origin" of the xenomorph in this new film.

What i mean is:

Alien (derelict ship) wich is the only known source with eggs
Aliens (derlict ship) the sams
Alien 3 (hadleys hope colony) well the egg came from the queen there.
Alien Res (Cloned ripley: Cloned Queen)

Prometheus has it own lore
Covenant has david creating them (at least this version)

So in romulos?... how will humans get in contact with the xenomorph without affecting the pre stablished lore?...

T Dog

Quote from: rabernathi on Jan 30, 2023, 02:29:23 AMOn the idea of "will it tie with the rest of the media"... i cant help but wonder, how are they gonna handle the "origin" of the xenomorph in this new film.

What i mean is:

Alien (derelict ship) wich is the only known source with eggs
Aliens (derlict ship) the sams
Alien 3 (hadleys hope colony) well the egg came from the queen there.
Alien Res (Cloned ripley: Cloned Queen)

Prometheus has it own lore
Covenant has david creating them (at least this version)

So in romulos?... how will humans get in contact with the xenomorph without affecting the pre stablished lore?...

I think our protaganists are going to be the crew of a scrapper/repair ship that comes across The Romulus that is floating, uncommunicative in space - it has already been infected.

Kradan

For a long time, I've had this mental image of a man trapped on a deserted ship with an Alien with only thing separating them being a thick door. Slowly driven to madness by hunger, thirst, loneliness and memories of his past he starts to see it as a friend,  to talk with it and to think that he should really open that door ...

Stitch

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 30, 2023, 10:43:31 AMFor a long time, I've had this mental image of a man trapped on a deserted ship with an Alien with only thing separating them being a thick door. Slowly driven to madness by hunger, thirst, loneliness and memories of his past he starts to see it as a friend,  to talk with it and to think that he should really open that door ...
Sounds more like a one shot comic plot than a feature length movie. I've seen films where this type of plot had worked, but I'm not sure a general audience would like it in the alien series.

Kradan

Fair enough

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Good idea for something like one of those Tongal/Fox Alien short films.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 30, 2023, 10:43:31 AMFor a long time, I've had this mental image of a man trapped on a deserted ship with an Alien with only thing separating them being a thick door. Slowly driven to madness by hunger, thirst, loneliness and memories of his past he starts to see it as a friend,  to talk with it and to think that he should really open that door ...

Speaking of memories of the past before death, you made me think of the last moments of the Space Jockey stranded on LV-426, before the birth of the Ultramorph. You know, in its deathbed, experiencing flashes of what happened. Perhaps vague memories of Origae-6 and David's experiments.

Corporal Hicks

I think there is a comic that does something similar. Survival, maybe? But I'd be all onboard with this being a feature too.

PsyKore

Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 11:58:11 PMOh yeah I don't want any bullshit like, "hello Mr. Ripley, how are you and your family? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  ;)  ;) "

I actually expect something like this to happen. Or some sort of easter egg/reference. Especially if Disney has their mits on it, this is legit something they would do.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 01, 2023, 08:52:50 AM
Quote from: T Dog on Jan 12, 2023, 11:58:11 PMOh yeah I don't want any bullshit like, "hello Mr. Ripley, how are you and your family? Congratulations on the birth of your daughter  ;)  ;) "

I actually expect something like this to happen. Or some sort of easter egg/reference. Especially if Disney has their mits on it, this is legit something they would do.

If they're going to trap us in eternal Ripley bloodline hell, I'd rather they just reboot entirely with a new, young Ellen having her first encounter.

Local Trouble

Everyone knows that Alien is really just about family.  That's what makes it so powerful.

[cancerblack]

Damn it, Jim.

Nightmare Asylum

Given that both Alien projects currently in development are explicitly being billed as being about new characters, I think it's safe to say that they aren't really looking to tether everything to Ripley right now.

Local Trouble

This is going to fail so hard if Sigourney Weaver isn't cast as Ripley's grandmother for a dance number with Jemaine Clement.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed