Prey sequel ideas

Started by Yautja888, Aug 14, 2022, 10:37:03 AM

Author
Prey sequel ideas (Read 14,673 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A dialogue-free Predator story sounds more apt for a video game or immersive experience of some sort than a movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or a brief animated film of some kind.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Genndy Tartakovsky is good at it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Primal Predators by Genndy Tartakovsky!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 23, 2022, 04:50:31 PMA dialogue-free Predator story sounds more apt for a video game or immersive experience of some sort than a movie.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 23, 2022, 04:58:28 PMOr a brief animated film of some kind.

Yeah, I think it'd work really well in shorter formats. Doesn't have to be animated, but that seems like the easiest way we'd actually get to see something like. I still think a stylized anime would suit it really well.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think a series like Love Death and Robots for experimentation would be great for Alien and Predator.

exorcissy72

exorcissy72

A Mandalorian-esque Predator show would rule, following one Predator on different hunts on various worlds. Could be neat.

Personally, for a Prey sequel, I'd like to see more of Naru's journey. We've seen her become war chief, I'd like to see her learn to be a leader. Like in Prey which contrasts Naru's development as a hunter with Feral's you could also contrast Naru becoming a leader with Greyback. Do something none of these movies have really done and make a Predator a protagonist.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

do we think a follow-up announcement could come before the end of the year? maybe around the time of a possible physical release?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Having a young Greyback as a character would 1. tie in with the infamous pistol and 2. be a wonderful excuse to recreate the original winston preds at last. Greyback was literally sculpted starting from molds of the original (they aged it and added the mandible gums) so he would look almost like Jungle Hunter

And in turn having Greyback means the lost tribe

And maybe a cameo from City Hunter and aauuuhhhh I'm spiralling

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 05, 2022, 02:25:57 AMHaving a young Greyback as a character would 1. tie in with the infamous pistol and 2. be a wonderful excuse to recreate the original winston preds at last. Greyback was literally sculpted starting from molds of the original (they aged it and added the mandible gums) so he would look almost like Jungle Hunter

And in turn having Greyback means the lost tribe

And maybe a cameo from City Hunter and aauuuhhhh I'm spiralling
Having Greyback appear in a sequel would be cool as a tie in but one problem arises as they aged him for Predator 2 they will have to de-age him for the Prey sequel but shouldn't end up looking like the classic one from the original, will be boring and done to death. Instead they should try a little fresh approach in keeping him young but a slightly different design and character. I would say they need to go with the closed 'X' mandibles on this and not side open ones.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Assuming Dan Tratchenberg and Amber Midthunder are up for it, I would take a Naru focused trilogy. After that I would see if Vincenzo Natali wanted to make his version, just get weird with it.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I've always been a fan of a Wild West-Predator movie idea.
If they continue on with the period piece direction then I'd love to see an outlaw similar to Arthur Morgan or John Marston go up against a Predator.

Feudal Japan is a close second for a period setting though.

Otherwise I find myself more and more appreciating Predators and wishing we'd get another movie set on a hunting planet with some juicy visuals of alien ruin set pieces.

My third favorite sequel concept would be a futuristic dystopian city, similar to Predator Concrete Jungle. 

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

I'd love to see the game preserve again some day. Hell the end of Prey could segue into that perfectly.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Set in the Predators home world, a plot that follow a Jungle Hunter-like Predator and a human character, both forced to journey and enter the unfamiliar territory of the world, while they face deadly alien monsters, ancient mysteries and political / military tension between Predators castes from the different hemispheres of the planet.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love that piece on the top right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed