Paradise Lost will feature a new group of travellers

Started by T Dog, Oct 07, 2015, 02:09:26 PM

Author
Paradise Lost will feature a new group of travellers (Read 23,369 times)

Born Of Cold Light

They should just go back to the original Prometheus script; Shaw decapitating an ultramorph with a chainsaw.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 09, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
You guys remember that promotional video of Shaw talking about her project to Peter Weyland?  You could see the Yutani icon all over the place in that video.  My money is on the idea that Yutani was following Shaw and as soon as Shaw takes off from LV-223, we see a Yutani ship following her as well.  Remember, at some point before the events of Alien, the 2 companies have to merge.  That is a fact.

That could work pretty well. 

Movie starts with in a room that is completely dark with the exception of dim lighting from a computer console. 

A display lights up, and text appears on the screen.  "Quiet Eye surveillance has detected priority message" "Decrypting...."

The screen displays Elizabeth Shaw's video message to Weyland.  As the message end's the camera pulls back to show a secure facility with the Y logo with the words Yatani Corporation.  A little exposition and the audience could understand how a rival company might be just a few days behind the Prometheus.

Not much of a stretch considering how phone traffic is recorded and run through voice recognition in todays world.

You could have the Yutani ship enter the system just as Shaw and David leave in Juggernaut #2.  Hell, have Yutani send two ships.  One ship follows Shaw and David while the second lands on LV223 to check things out.

Corporal Hicks

It would certainly imply some sort of corporate espionage. It's almost like the video is trying to map Elizabeth's facial features to find someone who could pass as her.

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2015, 09:47:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bztOr94cg

It would certainly imply some sort of corporate espionage. It's almost like the video is trying to map Elizabeth's facial features to find someone who could pass as her.

Yeeeeeeaaaaah, don't think something from a viral video will make it into the sequel.

oduodu

I always thought they were trying to see if she was lying about her discoveries or findings. What was interesting was the date of the video.I think 2083 ? Ten years before the mission.

Whiskeybrewer

I think it would be an interesting touch to have the Viral Video at the start of the film

oduodu

Yes new ones. That gives more info.

Vermillion

Teenagers. 

Like JASON X

whiterabbit

Oh f**k it, if it's space travelers then my monies on Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: tmjhur on Oct 13, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4bztOr94cg

Yeeeeeeaaaaah, don't think something from a viral video will make it into the sequel.

Well if you consider the viral video from Prometheus, the one which was supposed to have been sent out to LV-223 in advance of Prometheus' arrival on the planet, you can see that at least one video was a part of the film.  That viral video was literally discussed in the film, making it de facto canon.  One could suppose that the 3 other viral videos are also canon.  I think therefore that it is fair to say that the Shaw viral video was intended to be canon and not just a marketing ploy.  It would be interesting to find out if Fox treats the viral videos as canon.  I can't see why they wouldn't.

Mustangjeff

My thought was that it was initially doing a facial recognition scan, and then identifying if she is telling the truth or lying.  Possibly and upgraded Voight-Kampff test :)

Actually..  I just watched the video carefully.  You can see the text "Yutani Photo-Polygraph Technologies" on the right side.  The left side starts out as unconfirmed, but then sequences through a number of names similar to Elizabeth Shaw until it gets a lock.  As the left side attempts to get a positive identification, the right side has meters showing honesty, anxiety, and determination.

At the end of the video you can see that the software was licensed to Weyland Corp.

I have no idea if they would use it, but it would IMO be the perfect way to start the sequel.  It's not hard to believe that Yutani would be monitoring or have a back door built into a piece of software licensed to Weyland Corp.  It would make perfect sense, and give the writers the ability to introduce characters to LV223 close to the events in Prometheus. 

Otherwise your looking at many years for a follow up mission to get there.  The gap would make it difficult for humans to follow the Juggernaut as a story option.  And the Deacon might starve to death by that point.   After the tasty hammerpedes there wont be much left to eat!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Oct 14, 2015, 04:31:15 AM
Actually..  I just watched the video carefully.  You can see the text "Yutani Photo-Polygraph Technologies" on the right side.  The left side starts out as unconfirmed, but then sequences through a number of names similar to Elizabeth Shaw until it gets a lock.  As the left side attempts to get a positive identification, the right side has meters showing honesty, anxiety, and determination.

At the end of the video you can see that the software was licensed to Weyland Corp.

I have no idea if they would use it, but it would IMO be the perfect way to start the sequel.  It's not hard to believe that Yutani would be monitoring or have a back door built into a piece of software licensed to Weyland Corp.  It would make perfect sense, and give the writers the ability to introduce characters to LV223 close to the events in Prometheus. 

Thanks for pointing that out. That makes far more sense! I could buy into them having a backdoor too.

oduodu

Can anyone verify the date of the video ?? 2076 - 2079 - 2083 ??

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's 4 August 2079 if you're a Brit or 8 April 2079 if you're 'Murican.

It will probably be a ship full of Aussies though. Riddles will need to employ lots of Australian actors in order to get that tax discount.

oduodu

Thanks

12 years before the mission.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed