Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 91,274 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So, we're a couple of days away from general release! Please share your own reviews here in this thread.

carnotaurus1350

carnotaurus1350

So. I just saw this last night.

The movie? Well. The comedy and ensemble cast was the best part of the film. The rest of the movie was pretty damn bad. You might have some fun with it, but make no mistake, it's not good.

The action and story were kinda bland.. some good fun kills, but the actual execution wasn't great. I dunno what happened to this film, but I can't imagine this is what was originally incepted.

Not to mention, the story itself was just absurd - and not in a good way. It's all over the place, lacking cohesive direction, and often feels like Predator was haphazardly thrown into a completely different script.

This thing honestly is a franchise killer IMO - not that Predator was chugging along and doing well before this. But it's gonna be next to impossible to follow without throwing away what made Predator intriguing, or retconing this film out of existence.

I can usually look past bad CG, but bad CG in a expensive film that is also bad has a habit of sticking out comically. There are a few scenes in this where it looks like they just ran out of money and drive, and called it a day.

GQSioux

GQSioux

It's a mixed bag. As the credits started to roll, I sort of felt a little letdown. I overall enjoyed it, it's certainly a brisk thrill ride that's not boring, but I am having a hard time accepting some of the new ideas added to the Predator mythos. I miss the days when they were simply alien hunters from another world. All the new stuff about genetics, DNA, upgrades, invasions, why the Predators are collecting skulls/spines... I dunno, it's a bit convoluted now and didn't sit well with me. At least the practical effects with the Fugitive Predator are pretty great and I loved the Loonies crew. The Upgrade Predator was fine, although some of the CG gets shoddy here and there.

I think Predators went in the better direction. The way this one ends, I'm not sure what they're going to do next (if we even get a sequel). That ending is just....batshit. The Fugitive's motives aren't entirely clear, but his gift to mankind is going to leave some of you fuming.

a MARGINAL 3/5 for me. I definitely want to see it again though.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Going to watch it tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I think going into it knowing some of the issues, has got me prepared for it, so I can just enjoy the characters, humour, action and gore, without expecting anything totally amazing.

demonbane

demonbane

I was hoping whole DNA upgrade stuff would be isolated to a certain clan, but apparently, that's not the case... I think this would be how Starwars fans felt about midichlorian. I am all for new idea, but if it's executed badly, then that's not good(Ex: Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice)

Like Hicks said, the pacing is way too fast. There are many stuff left unexplained or underdeveloped. There are moments that made me scratch my head. Predators at least gave time to make certain characters if not all relatable. The new idea was something we could look after. But this...
It tried to make characters relatable by adding humor but without giving enough context or development. It keeps making me think like "Uh... how are they jumping to that conclusion so fast?" or "Why are they even doing that? Why bother?"

It's like writing essay. When professor gives bad score, he usually criticizes poor structure, not idea itself most of time. Same here although new idea is polarizing to say the least...

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Going to watch it tomorrow, purely cause the marketers didn't learn from Dredd-3D that making an opening night 3D only is enough for bad word of mouth and a stalled box office.
Does anyone still watch 3D movies?

Standard showings start tomorrow which I'll catch it then. At best I am expecting a bad, but fun, B-movie in the vein of AVP and AVP-R.

Can't be worse than that boring PREDATORS (2010) movie which I caught night of release 7/7/2010. That was a great year for me; so to be not so kind gives you an idea of how lame it was.

2018 has been a stressful year for me, so I'll be even less forgiving.

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

I have my ticket for tomorro at 6.50 def cant wait..then another seesion on sat then next week im gonna watch it at Imax laser

Kailem

Kailem

I would have seen it today but I couldn't see any showings at my regular place that weren't in 3D, so I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I'm not gonna lie, the reviews/mixed reaction have somewhat dampened my enthusiasm, but I'm still excited to see it. There's some stuff I really like the sound of that I'm looking forward to finally seeing in a Predator movie, and I'm certainly curious about the rest.

And hey, it's a new Predator movie! That right there is cause for celebration and excitement! Hopefully I'll still feel that way (or even *mostly* that way) once I've seen it, but for right now I'm more than happy to wallow in unabashed pre-viewing fanboy hype! ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Will be seeing it tonight in 3D, so should be fun

von

von

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 12, 2018, 09:25:29 AM
I would have seen it today but I couldn't see any showings at my regular place that weren't in 3D, so I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I'm not gonna lie, the reviews/mixed reaction have somewhat dampened my enthusiasm, but I'm still excited to see it. There's some stuff I really like the sound of that I'm looking forward to finally seeing in a Predator movie, and I'm certainly curious about the rest.

And hey, it's a new Predator movie! That right there is cause for celebration and excitement! Hopefully I'll still feel that way (or even *mostly* that way) once I've seen it, but for right now I'm more than happy to wallow in unabashed pre-viewing fanboy hype! ;D

high five! same feelings and thoughts. seeing it in 24 super long hours.

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

those seeing it in #D I'm sooo jealous! we only have it at Imax with laser..no 3d at all..im gutted

WolfPre

WolfPre

Based on overwhelming reviews, it seems that Shane missed the shot. Anyway, booked for tomw at IMAX.
No 3D version is available in Singapore.

Beans81

Beans81

I've purposely avoided 3D screenings. Pointless

goose_3387

goose_3387

Seeing this in IMAX in 3 hours.

Xan21

Xan21

3D is still a thing? Luckily it's in 2d here (early showings)... my eyes can't handle 3D. Also because here anything foreign has 3d subtitles which is even more annoying. Will be seeing it tomorrow

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed