Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2019, 06:37:28 PM

Author
Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending (Read 43,385 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Jan 07, 2019, 12:24:39 AM
1. "Just make a good movie" is a really vague statement.

2. People trash "good" movies all the time.

Number 2.
Examples?

SM

The Old One

The Old One

Well-written, well-directed, well-acted.

https://tinyurl.com/Film-sFiveElements

SiL

Which are also incredibly vague criteria.

But my examples would be "literally every film ever considered good, ever." No film is universally loved.

matthewjn

"Just make a good movie and we wouldn't trash it"

Wow, whoever thought of that is a genius. I can't believe no one else has ever thought of that until now.

;D

Highland

Why is it always the minority that gets the attention. World's gone mad.

Samhain13

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on Jan 07, 2019, 01:44:58 AM
Why is it always the minority that gets the attention. World's gone mad.

It's because people keep feeding the trolls.  If I were to hazard a guess, I would say the toxic fans are probably not the ones that are buying tickets, merchandise, generally supporting the fandom, etc.  I could be wrong though.

Highland

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 07, 2019, 01:46:54 AM
The loud minority.

Like where's that stuff though. More like a bunch of folk said your movie sucks. Which it does.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Probably mean comments on his social media or maybe he lurked on here. But after the controversy before the release they are probably used to this stuff by now.

matthewjn

Quote from: Highland on Jan 07, 2019, 01:56:33 AM
The loud minority.

Like where's that stuff though. More like a bunch of folk said your movie sucks. Which it does.

Is that the new thing to do, pretend to not know where toxic comments are? lol :D

Highland

Quote from: matthewjn on Jan 07, 2019, 02:07:49 AM
The loud minority.

Is that the new thing to do, pretend to not know where toxic comments are? lol :D

Usually these things are down to like two nut jobs. Then for some reason it's "toxic fandom". Stuffs getting old already, it's ok to get offended. Especially when you're in charge of a multi million dollar project and you screwed it up.

matthewjn

Quote from: Highland on Jan 07, 2019, 02:20:22 AM
Quote from: matthewjn on Jan 07, 2019, 02:07:49 AM
The loud minority.

Usually these things are down to like two nut jobs. Then for some reason it's "toxic fandom". Stuffs getting old already, it's ok to get offended. Especially when you're in charge of a multi million dollar project and you screwed it up.

Oh, so two people are responsible for all the toxic comments on various sites? Yeah, no.

You're right, it is getting old. People pretending that there aren't any/many toxic comments, that is.

proto leech

"blah blah toxic comments somewhere in the void" so what? no one here is calling to assault him or using nasty words on him.

im firmly in the camp of "the predator was trash from the script to the finished product and should have never been made" am i toxic? :D

matthewjn

Quote from: King geedorah on Jan 07, 2019, 02:38:49 AM
"blah blah toxic comments somewhere in the void" so what? no one here is calling to assault him or using nasty words on him.

im firmly in the camp of "the predator was trash from the script to the finished product and should have never been made" am i toxic? :D

Yes, you're right. No one is saying that here. Also, calling to assault isn't the only thing that counts as toxic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed