Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 35,933 times)

razeak

Anything to do with Fox seems to be a huge case of micromanagement. Look at how Alien 3 and everything after turned out and the stories involved with most of that.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2019, 07:21:20 AM
Fighting license-holders from the sounds of it. Prodos used to be quite open with how much of a nightmare they found working with Fox.

I can recall. I meant more that they're stressing how unfinished the game is, when they originally intended to have it out last year (or even earlier) and have had models ready for quite a while. Difficulties with Fox aside, this is a serious issue.

Machiko Naguchi

Well at least someone found out something about it. I stopped at the Gale Force Nine booth during GenCon and they had nothing set up and the guy I asked barely knew anything about it and said something might be set up on a table later. Well I checked back probably three or four times and I didn't see anything. The only thing I heard from anybody was about the September 2nd date for an announcement that has already been posted earlier. So who knows what that means, but you think they would have had made a bigger deal out of it since it is one of the biggest gaming conventions around and it is supposedly close to some kind of news.  ???

[cancerblack]

I'll message the guys I know are playtesters on FB and see if they can comment at all.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Release pushed back to 2020. No actual release date.

Vers

From Gale Force Nine's Facebook:
--------
We know loads of you are waiting for ALIENS information...so here it is!

There are TWO expansions coming to supplement your gaming experience and let you bring the film to your tables.

Ultimate Badasses lets you round out the complete squad so you can play as all your favorite characters.

Get away from her you b@!$h gives you Ripley in her power loader and the Alien Queen as well as new boards, rules. and missions.

Just remember - they mostly come out at night, mostly.
--------

Pics are on the FB page. Perhaps they should announce a release date for the base game before announcing expansions. But what do I know...

Corporal Hicks

Merged with existing topic.

They're looking better. But the Queen looks like she was based on the Funko.

[cancerblack]

Yeah same as before. Humans look pretty great, Aliens look... a lot less great. Don't understand why you'd so faithfully recreate the entire cast then half-ass the bugs.

Corporal Hicks

So Gale Force has officially announced a release date for the core game for this October, with a further 2 expansions later on in 2020 so perhaps one in November and one in December?

QuoteWe at Gale Force Nine have been waiting a long time to give you this information, and we are now proud to say that the complete Aliens Boardgame experience will all be released this year, 2020, starting with the core game in October.

Aliens: Another Glorious Day In The Corps
• Play iconic characters
• Recreate awesome scenes from the movie
• Quick and easy rules
• Dynamic co-op gameplay
• And all the Aliens you can kill!

Two expansions will follow later this year, adding to the experience with new characters, missions, and game mechanics.

Aliens: Ultimate Badasses
• Increase your Fireteam with six new Characters
• Gain Experience cards to give your Characters new abilities.

Aliens: Get Away From Her, You B***h!
• Play as the Alien Hive
• New campaign missions and locations from the movie
• Recreate the epic duel between Ripley and the Alien Queen

We'll be rolling out more details about these releases in the coming months, including video content looking at game mechanics, and detailed looks at the miniatures.

[cancerblack]

Hearing odd things. The latest previews say that there will be "plastic, multipart" Aliens (Ie; like warhammer models), but as far as anyone knows the rest of the models are still crappy PVC. To make matters stranger, the Aliens shown in that preview are the Prodos Warrior sculpts (The AvP ones, not the Aliens ones, even more strangely). I've heard buzz that Prodos is involved somehow now, but it's unconfirmed.

What the actual f**k is this game, even?

razeak

Wow. That's interesting.

Kailem

I guess that'd be one way to unload any excess stock they still had after last year's final clearance sale.

[cancerblack]

Worth noting that the Prodos digital sculpt shown was on a base that matches the updated marines from GF9. Plastic-multipart implies hard plastic rather than resin (although resin does get called plastic sometimes, but GF9 knows better than using that confusing language imo), the base shown supports some kind of change, and Prodos was supposedly well on their way to AvP plastic sprues when it all shut down...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed