Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Author
Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps - A Cooperative Board Game (Read 35,895 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Via the AvP Wargamer group on Facebook. I've no idea where they came from originally and I haven't found anything about the game with a cursory Google.

Found the source! https://twitter.com/BoardGameGeek/status/965664337271672833

So it's a new thing.  ;D

Mr. Domino

GF9's a solid publisher - I'm lukewarm on their Firefly game, but it's hella popular, I sell a ton of it when it's available, and I'm a big fan of Star Trek Ascendancy.

Corporal Hicks

Turns out this was on display at Adepticon btw.

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Feb 21, 2018, 12:25:06 AM
GF9's a solid publisher - I'm lukewarm on their Firefly game, but it's hella popular, I sell a ton of it when it's available, and I'm a big fan of Star Trek Ascendancy.

I've played Firefly once and enjoyed it well enough. I've not had the pleasure of trying Ascendancy yet though. I know they're supposed to have a really good reputation. So much so that they're name attached to an Alien game is something I'm not in the slightest worried about.

Corporal Hicks

From Facebook. Don't know what the actual source is. The guy who posted it hasn't said which page he got it from.

windebieste

Hemi

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 22, 2018, 08:42:55 AM
Here, some more photos for you:

http://www.hideousplastic.com/?p=6132

Brilliant, thank you! Definitely looks like it's based on Aliens itself. I see Hicks, Ripley, Vasquez, Drake, Gorman.

Wweyland

Looks great although it's a long wait

Mr. Domino

Not too long, considering how long most of us waited for the Prodos game  :D

Wweyland

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Feb 22, 2018, 10:14:10 PM
Not too long, considering how long most of us waited for the Prodos game  :D
True. I like the officer with the pistol. Will be fun to paint these.

Corporal Hicks

Via Pete Buckle on the AvP Wargamer group - https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/39731/sci-fi-universes-firefly-doctor-who-star-trek-aliens-expand

The Aliens cooperative board game will be a dungeon crawl type game, with the colonial marines taking on the xenomorphs. "It's going to be story‑driven," Mackey said. "You might set up to play the mission that it's a bug hunt. You sit all the boards up. You literally put all the models out, including the sentry guns. You go to town killing as many aliens as you can until you die. Wave after wave, those keep coming.

"Or if you don't have as much time, you might play the mission where you have to go rescue Newt. You and Ripley are going here to rescue Newt from when she gets abducted. You're going to play encounters with things that happened in the movie even to the point where there's a scenario where you fight all the face huggers in the med lab." Release is planned for September. MSRP is $50.00.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

About 27 minutes in the Alien box comes out but he's talking about the technical issues of IPs and etc right now.

At about 32 minutes he does start talking Aliens. 5 marines, 1 Ripley, 8 x 1 type of Alien, 8 x another. It does sound like there's going to be expansions - definitely other Ripleys, the other marines, Bishop, Burke, Newt, 3D terrain. It's specifically set within the Aliens narrative like the Leading Edge game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's currently on display at GenCon. Some photos of the stand via Eric Davis on the AvP Wargamer FB group.

Wweyland

I wonder if the figures are the same scale as the ones from AvP: The Hunt Begins. This looks great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed