Nope - Jordan Peele’s next movie

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jul 22, 2021, 10:27:52 PM

Author
Nope - Jordan Peele’s next movie (Read 3,960 times)

dave1978

Load of nonsense,  just another flying squid.  2 hours of Kaluuya looking bored and a screetchy woman. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've been thinking about this movie a lot since I saw it. It wasn't what I expected in the slightest, but I really f**king enjoyed it regardless. The horror and tension in this is just brilliant. But the subject takes a left-turn (though I did eventually anticipate it because of the focus on some of the seemingly random backstory) that took me a bit further consideration and reading to really settle into.

I love this concept that Jean Jacket was the inspiration for
Spoiler
angels and their kind has been hidden on Earth for thousands of years.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Rudiger

Hmmm. That was a bit of a disappointment. There are some wonderful scenes in it, but it just didn't really grip me. Peele set the bar high with Get Out and this doesn't hold together as well. I hope he keeps going though, as one day he's going to make something truly brilliant.

Stitch

I saw it the other day and was left thinking 'What?'

I mean, it's a decently shot and acted film, and everything worked out mostly in the end, but I was still left kinda not getting it. Was definitely not what I expected, I can say that.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Stitch on Sep 06, 2022, 10:17:23 PMI saw it the other day and was left thinking 'What?'

Sounds like a good title for a prequel👀👆

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Behind the scenes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed