Immortan Jonesy

Happy Birthday!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Pongy? ???

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

British slang for smelly.

ie. Oi, guv'nor, that heap o' dung pongs a bit, what?

New headlines for Ridley Scott this week:

"Legendary director calls Mexico City a shithole!"

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 01, 2021, 05:17:16 PM
https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1466093485405048836

Just checked it on Twitter and what do you know - crowd of pissed off people in comments with their buckets of diarrhea ready. If Ridley f**king Scott would say he didn't want to shoot in Kherson, Ukraine 'cause it f**king stinks there I would be so proud 'cause Ridley f**king Scott mentioned the name of my hometown

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Chinga a tu madre pinche güey Twitter  :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 01, 2021, 05:58:45 PM
Twitter man, what a shithole!

I see what you did there

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

New lengthy interview with Ridley conducted a week before Christmas

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/ridley-scott-interview-the-last-duel-house-of-gucci-1235073041/

Some highlights:

-Gladiator 2 will be about Lucius in North Africa as a twenty-something.

-"They [Disney] wanted me to do a wizard film, and I don't do wizard films. It wasn't a good idea." - Ridley on The Merlin Saga.

-Says he can only drink one bottle of red wine in the evening, two makes him feel sick.  :laugh:

-Did some location scouting for Kitbag on a beach in France.

-He hid under a steel table during WWII when the Germans bombers flew over.

-His ad count is currently at 2000. (subject to change)  :laugh:

-His daughter (Jordan Scott) shot a Tanqueray Gin spot which begins with a nightclub scene in House of Gucci, but doesn't use it's characters.

-Jordan Scott also appeared in Legend. (I suspect she was one of the fairies/elves in the scene where Jack first meets Honeythorn Gump).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 13, 2022, 04:23:47 PM
-"They [Disney] wanted me to do a wizard film, and I don't do wizard films. It wasn't a good idea." - Ridley on The Merlin Saga.

-Says he can only drink one bottle of red wine in the evening, two makes him feel sick.  :laugh:

:D :D :D

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Brilliant lol

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Note to Disney, Riddlez is the Alien movie guy, not the wizard movie guy. That's PJ.

Polygon speculates on Ridley's relationship with the new 20th Century Studios under Disney. Although they neglect to mention the interesting fact that Kitbag was originally with 20th/Disney but has now moved over to Apple TV+.

https://www.polygon.com/22882108/disney-20th-century-studios-fox-movies-ridley-scott-comments

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd much rather see Scott put together an entirely original Merlin or Arthur film rather than adapt a YA series. But considering what he did to Nottingham, maybe this for the best. :laugh:

Ridlazz921

Ridlazz921

Jordan Scott was a double for Lily in Legend actually.
I heard it in Ridley Scotts commentary.

Its for the wide shot where jack jumps of the cliff and into the water, much like Alien they used younger actors the make the sets look bigger.
He also said he had her on a leash for saftey reasons so she wouldnt fall of the cliff xD

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Jan 15, 2022, 11:26:33 AM
Jordan Scott was a double for Lily in Legend actually.
I heard it in Ridley Scotts commentary.

Its for the wide shot where jack jumps of the cliff and into the water, much like Alien they used younger actors the make the sets look bigger.
He also said he had her on a leash for saftey reasons so she wouldnt fall of the cliff xD

Thanks for that, been wondering about her role in Legend for years. There's one very young looking pixie/elf/whatever in the Jack meets Honeythorn scene that looks red-haired and freckled and I always wondered if that was her.

QuoteI'd much rather see Scott put together an entirely original Merlin or Arthur film rather than adapt a YA series.

I can easily picture him doing something dark and violent like Excalibur -  even although Boorman beat him to it. The young adult, Harry Potter-esque, Merlin Saga does seem a bit of an odd choice for him, even considering he did Legend.

Although admittedly I haven't read the books. Ingwar has so maybe he could say if it would have been a good fit for Ridley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed